First Name
M ike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
m37x 2013
Occupation
retired
amazing the government is considering handing out a hundy to people to get the vaccine and our friends in Australia are waiting in line and a modern country like Japan has no vaccines either . we got our vaccine in January and 2nd dose was a little rougher than first .

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
OMG, I thought this Covid thing was about over, but the long term facility I work at just got hit hard with an outbreak. I was one of the reluctant ones to not get the vaccine until just a couple months ago, but it the majority of the new cases here are with people that have been vaccinated. We think it has to be that new variant. Luckily most of the people who have gotten it haven't gotten really sick yet, but it is spreading like wildfire. We barely had the staff to cover before this hit this week as nobody seems to want a healthcare job at the moment and now we are desperate. I can't hardly stand to work more than my scheduled hours as it is because the job is so stressful and my joints are bothering me already from being on my feet at my age and I'm not that old yet. I think I might have gotten it since I had a killer headache and muscle aches the past few days, but my temp has been normal and I tested negative the other day.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
OMG, I thought this Covid thing was about over, but the long term facility I work at just got hit hard with an outbreak. I was one of the reluctant ones to not get the vaccine until just a couple months ago, but it the majority of the new cases here are with people that have been vaccinated. We think it has to be that new variant. Luckily most of the people who have gotten it haven't gotten really sick yet, but it is spreading like wildfire. We barely had the staff to cover before this hit this week as nobody seems to want a healthcare job at the moment and now we are desperate. I can't hardly stand to work more than my scheduled hours as it is because the job is so stressful and my joints are bothering me already from being on my feet at my age and I'm not that old yet. I think I might have gotten it since I had a killer headache and muscle aches the past few days, but my temp has been normal and I tested negative the other day.
Get tested. You need to know…. For everyone’s safety

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I was tested Thursday and it was ok. We now have to go back to testing twice a week so I will test again Monday morning. IDK, I might have had it sometime during the past couple weeks when they weren't testing. Only thing is I never got really sick, just been more tired than usual with bad headaches some days. I thought it was just because I can't seem to stay on a decent sleeping schedule since I work 12 hour night shifts a few days a week.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was tested Thursday and it was ok. We now have to go back to testing twice a week so I will test again Monday morning. IDK, I might have had it sometime during the past couple weeks when they weren't testing. Only thing is I never got really sick, just been more tired than usual with bad headaches some days. I thought it was just because I can't seem to stay on a decent sleeping schedule since I work 12 hour night shifts a few days a week.
I don’t think it will ever be “over” . At some point the world will need to open up. When it does I reckon Aus will get hit hard even if we are vaccinated because so few of us have had it.
At the moment there is around 2-300 active cases country wide each day and that’s the worst it has been since 2020, due to the delta strain.
We have a lot of space here, the majority of infections have come from the big cities

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
amazing the government is considering handing out a hundy to people to get the vaccine and our friends in Australia are waiting in line and a modern country like Japan has no vaccines either . we got our vaccine in January and 2nd dose was a little rougher than first .
I think it’s just down to countries that have high infections.
Those that were really high, also have high vaccination rates because the pharmaceutical countries directed the vaccines to who was in most need ( understandably) but now the tide is turning and those who were doing well are now getting infection. New Zealand South Korea Japan….all in the same boat as Aus.
We do have access to the AZ, but because of the blood clotting they stopped administering it to those under 60, but now because people in NSW are getting sick they are encouraging people to once again take it.
Too many mixed messages.
We make AZ here, Pfizer we need to import because we don’t have any labs that are set up to manufacture it, which means relying on the US to send it. We have some Moderna also on the way.
And two other vaccines that have yet to pass testing in the works.

As an Aussie who hadn’t had a vax yet ( I have a booking late this month) I’m curious to how everyone reacted to the different vaccines?

Good news is it seems vaccines are finally arriving in Australia and we are catching up.

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
It's been six months since I had my second Moderna innoculation. No side effects or other negative issues for either my wife or myself. What concerns me are the high number of Americans who are still undecided. There's plenty of vaccine available, but iunvaccinated folks not only leave themselves open to serious disease and even death. They are also a repository for Covid to mutate and create new strains across the country. Nobody wants that!

It's beyond frustrating as summer comes to an end...

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.