What are you hoping to learn for Z unveiling?

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I can't even contain my excitement guys lol, I'm counting down the days and putting in overtime so I can afford the markups we all know will happen. Anyway we have a little less than 30 to the "reveal." What do you suppose this will be? I'm guessing they'll tell us what we already know the engine and what not, but do you think a release date or pre order date will be announced? Price? Availability? What's your thoughts on what will happen Aug 17?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
> I can't even contain my excitement guys ...

It shows.. :)
Just 30 days, or 4 weekends.
What I am not sure about is whether Nissan will offer the 300hp engine and the starting MSRP.
And I hope Nissan keeps the weight down.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
> I can't even contain my excitement guys ...

It shows.. :)
Just 30 days, or 4 weekends.
What I am not sure about is whether Nissan will offer the 300hp engine and the starting MSRP.
And I hope Nissan keeps the weight down.
It makes sense to offer the 300hp as a base, 400hp as the sport/touring and 450+hp Nismo.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
To say I'm excited is an understatement. Saving up as much as possible since I'm looking to get this by Summer 2022. I want to know HP, colors(exterior/interior),price and availability. I'll be at the NY Auto show to get a closer look.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Has there even be a guesstimate of what the Nismo may cost yet? I'm about at the tipping point of either going ahead and ordering the Challenger or waiting until next month for more info on the Z. At this point I'm thinking maybe I should wait, but I was going to get a decent deal considering the current state of things and I know the dealer I was going to go with kind of went out on a limb giving me a good tentative trade in value for my Mustang and I'm guessing the current inflated values are not going to last much longer.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I can't even contain my excitement guys lol, I'm counting down the days and putting in overtime so I can afford the markups we all know will happen. Anyway we have a little less than 30 to the "reveal." What do you suppose this will be? I'm guessing they'll tell us what we already know the engine and what not, but do you think a release date or pre order date will be announced? Price? Availability? What's your thoughts on what will happen Aug 17?
If the order books are opening officially on the 19th ( sure I read that somewhere on one of the threads) then a release date should also be given
Dan has previously stated that they hope to reveal all details including the price …if they possibly can

I’m hoping they can

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Has there even be a guesstimate of what the Nismo may cost yet? I'm about at the tipping point of either going ahead and ordering the Challenger or waiting until next month for more info on the Z. At this point I'm thinking maybe I should wait, but I was going to get a decent deal considering the current state of things and I know the dealer I was going to go with of went out on a limb giving me a good tentative trade in value for my Mustang and I'm guessing the current inflated values are not going to last much longer.
i'm in the same boat. i passed up on 3-4 cars these past couple months waiting. they didn't feel 100/ right and i did miss out on a really good one.

like most of you, im excited too...just not sure how long i can wait.

i may have resort to "plan b" if they say it's gonna be a while...

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I want to know what colors will be offered for the various models- Base, Sport, Sport/Touring, Touring, Nismo?? Any special order/individual colors?

The only given so far is 400hp and 6 spd manual for my bait.:D

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
Can I just say this about the "300hp" version of the car that some people think is gonna happen.

I don't think it would be anywhere near a good idea to offer and option of less than 335hp just simply because anything less than that is going to be less than the preceding Z.

The new Z at the minimum has to have more than 350hp especially sense we know it's going to gain weight compared to the Z34.

I just wanted to actually say something about this 300hp car because I don't see anyone really reigning in the probability of it.

bhamZ35

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Can I just say this about the "300hp" version of the car that some people think is gonna happen.

I don't think it would be anywhere near a good idea to offer and option of less than 335hp just simply because anything less than that is going to be less than the preceding Z.

The new Z at the minimum has to have more than 350hp especially sense we know it's going to gain weight compared to the Z34.

I just wanted to actually say something about this 300hp car because I don't see anyone really reigning in the probability of it.
I’m with you. Nissan is throwing up Hail Marys to financially recover right now, and putting a budget version of an already supposed-to-be budget friendly sports car with less hp than its predecessor at the same (if not higher) price point seems like a terrible idea. I think they’ll all have the 400HP.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I’m with you. Nissan is throwing up Hail Marys to financially recover right now, and putting a budget version of an already supposed-to-be budget friendly sports car with less hp than its predecessor at the same (if not higher) price point seems like a terrible idea. I think they’ll all have the 400HP.
I think you are right, it makes no sense to go backwards. If it is 300Hp, i wont be buying as would many others. I have been converted due to the 400Hp and manual talk, thats the reason i want to get my first Z