Honda Civic Type-R Discussion - 5th & 6th gen (2017+)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I just merged all the CTR into one thread.

It's so sad to see what is happening over on Supraforums. I think the final nail in the coffin was when VerticalScope took over.
so many og's were mad. that company ruined the site and lost threads, pics and info info the process.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
so many og's were mad. that company ruined the site and lost threads, pics and info info the process.
Yes sir, I remember many people referring to Supraforums as a "wealth of knowledge" before VerticalScope. I hate to say it, but now it's just dead as with most things that company touches.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I just merged all the CTR into one thread.

It's so sad to see what is happening over on Supraforums. I think the final in the coffin was when VerticalScope took over.
Yes sir, I remember many people referring to Supraforums as a "wealth of knowledge" before VerticalScope. I hate to say it, but now it's just dead as with most things that company touches.
I used to visit that site a lot when I own a MKIII and it was a good place to hang out. I didn't know the place went downhill, but I don't know if VS cause it or not. VS owns a lot of forums, but I think it partly has something to do with the modernity culture w/ excessive amount of fragility and brittle spirits. I see the same stuff creeping in here also.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I used to visit that site a lot when I own a MKIII and it was a good place to hang out. I didn't know the place went downhill, but I don't know if VS cause it or not. VS owns a lot of forums, but I think it partly has something to do with the modernity culture w/ excessive amount of fragility and brittle spirits. I see the same stuff creeping in here also.
Many forums in general have seen a decline since the introduction of other online platforms such as Facebook group. No one is saying that the interaction on Supraforums was becoming any different. However, as @jdm-rhd pointed out, many people were not happy with the changes and left which in turn caused even less traffic. That was my reason for using the phrase 'final nail in the coffin'.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
SF was way better before they brought it from Steven. Yeah they do and that's the problem. To them it's just a business. You look at forums that are ran by enthusiasts like this one, FT86club ect. versus corporation owned forums and you can see the differences in the level of passion. Anyways, enough side rant, back on CTR topic.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
SF was way better before they brought it from Steven. Yeah they do and that's the problem. To them it's just a business. You look at forums that are ran by enthusiasts like this one, FT86club ect. versus corporation owned forums and you can see the differences in the level of passion. Anyways, enough side rant, back on CTR topic.

We had a lottery in Aus to buy the 2021 model…can’t remember how many they had to sell, but you had to join the lottery, and sign a contract to say that you would purchase it at set price if you won…strange thing to do in my opinion

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R

Our group New England Type-R organized a world record for the most LE's at one event a few weeks ago at HondaFest in CT with 12 + 1 (Honda Pro Jason's) It was a LOT of yellow. ?

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I'm not sold on the 11th gen yet. I like the wing, and the wider openings up front will help with some of the cooling issues the 10th g have. Overall it feels like a major facelift than an actual new car. We'll have to see how it looks on the ring.

That camo is something else. Wanna bet we see ppl replicating it with wraps?