bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
8wBVTmeBtxP7T-J5z-qsLebNvA0~3.jpg
My current ride is from 2012. It doesn't have Android Auto, but I use my phone to navigate. It gets pretty good GPS reception sitting on top of the cup holders under the sun roof.

For all you Z owners out there: how's your GPS reception with no sun roof and your phone tucked into the spot next to the USB ports?

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I asked the ChatGPT about this....
1676700359628.png
I was just thinking that ChatCGP should just join this forum so it can weigh in on every post.

How many exhaust tips should the Z have? Which digital dashboard is best (the one with integrated ChatGPT, of course!)? Which colors look great? What does ChatGPT think of the Z's driving dynamic on stock tires?

Maybe ZenForo could add that as a feature in an upcoming release.

😉

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Actually, I researched this a bit more. It seems that Android Auto might be able to use the car's GPS receiver. If it actually works, it would be receiving the signal from the roof-mounted antenna rather than the phone tucked under the dash.

Any humans out there that with real-world experience know if this works on the Z?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Actually, I researched this a bit more. It seems that Android Auto might be able to use the car's GPS receiver. If it actually works, it would be receiving the signal from the roof-mounted antenna rather than the phone tucked under the dash.

Any humans out there that with real-world experience know if this works on the Z?
This is 100% correct. Almost all new cars have telematics, which have GPS, cell and WiFi antennas (in many cars, it's in the "shark fin") and AA can aggregate the data from both the car and smartphone.

However, Chatgpt was correct, because modern smartphones are basically very accurate on their own, and being in the cubby in front of the shifter rarely degrades their accuracy.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We are!

But, we're going to be surrounded by cars driven by Ai....

No point in a self driving sports car.....
[The author does not condone this practice - Ed.]

I've often thought that when you have a mix of self-driving and human-driven cars on the road that the humans will realize they can just cut off the AI cars (which will brake). Humans can have fun zipping in and out of traffic.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
[The author does not condone this practice - Ed.]

I've often thought that when you have a mix of self-driving and human-driven cars on the road that the humans will realize they can just cut off the AI car's (which will brake). Humans can have fun zipping in and out of traffic.
I already have done that, inadvertently. Sometimes I can tell when people are using driver aids.
BTW, I must say I welcome our robot overlords, they do seem to drive better than 75% of the humans in my area!