First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
post up any great, funny or weird car stories that you've witnessed.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
When I was autocrossing regularly, our Club President got a call from Mercedes asking for talented people to help facilitate an owner's/prospective owners track day event at Daytona Raceway.

I took a client around an autocross track in an SL500 AMG Coupe and then switched to talk the client through one lap.

When we finished, I was told to "follow that guy", so I did...right to the pits. At that time a client got in the passenger seat, and I "followed that guy" ahead of me, doing four laps at 130-145mph around the track. I did that twice.

Funny thing is, only driver's with road racing licenses were supposed to do that. That one guy who told me to "follow that guy" was mistaken. ?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
one time this guy who was a member of a car club was trying to recruit me.
he wanted to see the engine bay. this was my first mkiv and i just got it that week...it was n/a - non turbo at the time.

i popped the hood. he carefully looked it over and asked if it was a 2jz...i said yes. then he said "looks like it has a stage 2 turbo set-up!"

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
When I was autocrossing regularly, our Club President got a call from Mercedes asking for talented people to help facilitate an owner's/prospective owners track day event at Daytona Raceway.

I took a client around an autocross track in an SL500 AMG Coupe and then switched to talk the client through one lap.

When we finished, I was told to "follow that guy", so I did...right to the pits. At that time a client got in the passenger seat, and I "followed that guy" ahead of me, doing four laps at 130-145mph around the track. I did that twice.

Funny thing is, only driver's with road racing licenses were supposed to do that. That one guy who told me to "follow that guy" was mistaken. ?
tell me the guy needed to change his shorts afterwards...

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I already posted this story in the Lambo door thread but will re-post it here.

One of my family friends ex-boyfriends had a 350Z with a widebody Veilside kit and hit a Kangaroo going about 100kph (62mph) and it went right though the front of his car.

He took a photo after the crash and the nuts of the Kangaroo were hanging off the front bumper.

Okay now for a new story.

When me and my mates were 17 my mate had a shitty little Daihatsu Sirion.

1645520428328.png

Anyway one afternoon we were driving in the rain with 5 of us in the car. We weren't going particularity fast but my mate lost control of the car from either aquaplaning or hitting a slick patch and spin out and went across the other side of the road and did a complete 540 and somehow manged to do a perfect parallel park between 2 parked cars all the while not hit anything.

We would have spent some time admiring the feat we had just achieved but unfortunately we were all in desperate need of a shower and to do some urgent laundry. ?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Back when I had my 2G Eclipse I had some über redneck dude ask if I had an air assisted shifter.

Nope, just an HKS SSQV.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
one time this guy who was a member of a car club was trying to recruit me.
he wanted to see the engine bay. this was my first mkiv and i just got it that week...it was n/a - non turbo at the time.

i popped the hood. he carefully looked it over and asked if it was a 2jz...i said yes. then he said "looks like it has a stage 2 turbo set-up!"
So did you give him the raised eyebrow or said something back?