Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
View attachment 17008

Still pretty shocked honestly. Whole thing happened pretty fast. Have a 5 hour trip home and a LOT to share but I officially own it! 6mt with blue interior.

More to come....
View attachment 17008

Still pretty shocked honestly. Whole thing happened pretty fast. Have a 5 hour trip home and a LOT to share but I officially own it! 6mt with blue interior.

More to come....
Congratulations enjoy your beautiful car.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Love to see these cars getting into the hands of drivers. Can't wait to see more of them on the road. In fact, I haven't seen one in the wild. Anybody else?
I haven't seen a live Z yet, only photos. Overall the increasing costs and aggravations around cars, has kind of turned me off, never thought that would happen as a lifelong "car guy". I'm probably going to ride out my first gen BRZ and other current vehicles, focus on other things in life. A Z will have to fall into my lap having the right price and features, probably for me to ever end up an owner at this point.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Congrats on your new Z! It looks lovely in white. 😍

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Congrats! I saw this exact one online and thought about talking to them haha. But I decided if the exterior isn't blue and I was gonna wrap it then i would need every other option I wanted.

Still haven't seen a single one on the wild yet!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Congrats, dude! Everest/Blue/6MT is originally the way I wanted to go. Absolute perfection! 🤤

RICHIEM22

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto
Congrats and what an awesome spec!! White with blue interior is so awesome. Definitely post more pictures when you get a chance! 😎

RICHIEM22

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto
Congratulations! So happy to hear you finally got your toy! Next wait is getting the break-in miles on it! Be patient, it’s hard not to want to get on it lol! So many people don’t even know what type of car it is, as you don’t even see adverts on the Z. Love to see more of them out there! 😊
I had a civic pull up to me the other day and the male driving it asked me what type of Nissan it was. I told him it was the 2023 Z and then his wife in the passenger seat asked “Is it fully electric?” 😑 this was with my Nismo exhaust on as well lol

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
Love to see these cars getting into the hands of drivers. Can't wait to see more of them on the road. In fact, I haven't seen one in the wild. Anybody else?
Couple of my friends saw a protospec out and about one day. Otherwise nope! Haven't seen any others yet on the actual road.

Back to OP: Congrats and welcome to the club :D

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Thanks so much everyone! Im so damn excited lol. Ive been catching up on work but lets get into the details / story.

Like many of you guys/gals, Ive been eyeing the Z since before the launch event. Ive shared many of your frustrations with the lanuch and the entire process, and ive been very vocal about that over the years.

It got to a point after 2 years I just gave up. Stopped searching and went to my local Toyota dealer pursuing a Supra. Problem is getting a Supra isnt a quick process either (as I found out), especially if you want a certain color / spec. So I accepted the fact id be waiting awhile. The whole time I couldnt stop thinking about Z's though.

I decided to call around and all the prices were absolutely insane (I posted quite a few on here). What I started doing however is calling some places back under a different number / name and found some sales people would give me different prices LOL. Called a few who told me 20k over one day, and then 10k over the next day. That pisses me off but whatever.

Eventually found a place in NJ who had the exact spec I wanted. I originally wanted blue but after seeing a few of you with white, I was hooked. I called and they said 20k over. Told them absolutely not, goodbye. Called back 2 days later and someone else said 20k as well but asked me for an offer. I said msrp hahahaha. He then followed up with 6k over and I said nope sorry. Later in the day they called me back and said he'd do 2k over and it has to be gone in 2 days.

I said no prob, drove down 5 hours to NJ and did the deal. So I did pay 2k over msrp which honestly im not mad about at all. It also had the $200 window etching but i think thats kinda inevitable at most dealers. Carmax is buying my STI for more than I paid in 2020 so in the end im happy.

Now lets get into the car. Honestly, I cant get over how good it looks in person. Pictures dont do the paint justice. I think its absolutely stunning and im amazed with just how many people are interested in it. Just coming home I got a ton of waves, thumbs up, double takes, etc. Also some kids trying to race me but whatever.

Its a very smooth ride, or at least I think so initially. Didnt seem harsh or uncomfortable after 5 hours. Very easy to drive and had no problems with the clutch, although the lift point is much higher than my STI. Its definitely a smaller car, im 6'3 220lbs and have good leg room but not much above my head lol.

I also don't find the speakers to be that bad. Im not some big audio guy so maybe its ignorance but to me they were fine for highway cruising.

The exhaust is pretty bad lol. I absolutely cannot wait to change it. Its way too quiet for me. Im waiting for more info from AWE or ive been eyeing HKS and the new Soho motorsports exhaust which looks nice.

My build date is 12/22 and I dont have the hood paint issues, but i do think my katana is slightly misaligned like others posted. Ill add more up close pics shortly. Cant tell if im crazy or not.

Overall im just happy the buying experience is over because fuck all that. Like a full time job trying to get one lol. I guess worth it now though. Here are a couple of pics from the trip home and in my driveway with the STI. Of course ill be sharing more regularly now thats its home.

20230601_083141.jpg

20230602_195859.jpg

20230602_195955.jpg

20230601_184443.jpg

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I'm generally not a fan of coloured interiors but white with blue actually works. Nice car!

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
...It also had the $200 window etching but i think thats kinda inevitable at most dealers...
OMG. Me too. What a scam! I also got stuck with a crappy "leather protection" application with obvious lack of coverage in several places. Don't move the lumbar control, and it looks great.

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
OMG. Me too. What a scam! I also got stuck with a crappy "leather protection" application with obvious lack of coverage in several places. Don't move the lumbar control, and it looks great.
Mine also had this like 7 dollar NJ tire protection fee or something I can't remember, and the financing guy says "don't worry I'll take that off because you're in NY" lol!! Bless your heart the 7 bucks is gone woooo!!

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Congrats on your Z.
Welcome to the Everest Club.
Enjoy the cruising and soak it in, after break-in, she's a beast!

A CBE will satisfy your needs on the Sound.