TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
this was the first video where anyone had gear grinding problems, possibly this was a vehicle that had already been thrashed by the youtube influencers learning how to drive stick. The car is what we already knew it was...not a track car. SS/1LE all day long for the track. The Z, a GT car (as they said GT stands for Get off the Track, lol). But yeah, the fact that the Camaro can be had for basically the same price of Z MSRP puts it in the same shopping range, but price is really all they have in common. The Camaro is a fantastic value at it's MSRP, but as many have said the Z is already a stretch at MSRP and these greedy jackals at the dealerships will just make many of us continue to wait or decide against it altogether.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
They must be bad drivers…because every other review has said the Z is far faster round the track than the 86
Hope video can show it because all the 86 fan boys will love it and gloat

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Thomas (dude with the beard on Throttle House) is a track driving instructor. They’ve driven many miles on that track and know it well. He ain’t Randy Pobst but the guy can track cars well.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Thomas (dude with the beard on Throttle House) is a track driving instructor. They’ve driven many miles on that track and know it well. He ain’t Randy Pobst but the guy can track cars well.
Plus he's a very experienced amateur racer.

But TH's use of that particular track is biasing their rankings to some degree - it clearly has no real straights where the more powerful cars can leverage their hp/weight advantage. The GR86 out-lapped a Hellcat Redeye by 2/10 of a second on that track ffs.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
For those wondering about the 2nd gear issue, James (blonde guy on TH) responded with the below on a Reddit thread:

Jamesthrottlehouse: By the time I gave the car back, second gear didn’t exist for me. Every shift from 1st went straight to 3rd because I was cringing too hard at the grind. Even if you waited for the revs to drop it was still grinding. Horrible. We thought it might just be our car but tsp had the same issue with theirs.

TSP = the straight pipes.

Huh… assumed they had the same car for testing (I think both located in the same area in Canada) but sounds like they got 2 diff Zs.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Huh… assumed they had the same car for testing (I think both located in the same area in Canada) but sounds like they got 2 diff Zs.

Very concerning as cars have different registration plates.
Canadian spec = gear oil is maple syrup confirmed.

299705988_10160360359921383_1992955744339163205_n.jpeg

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Very concerning. Cars had different registration plates.
Canadian spec = gear oil is maple syrup confirmed.

299705988_10160360359921383_1992955744339163205_n.jpeg
Has a shark fin though. Are we gonna get shark fin even though we dont have gps?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Has a shark fin though. Are we gonna get shark fin even though we dont have gps?
I don’t think it matters which demographic the car is being sold to, the gear box would most likely be the same in all…therefore it is a possibility that this could be an issue for all of them, and that is worrying.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I don’t think it matters which demographic the car is being sold to, the gear box would most likely be the same in all…therefore it is a possibility that this could be an issue for all of them, and that is worrying.
But not a single other review has mentioned it so possibly just isolated to these two cars.
As BraveDemon posted above, it got almost unusable. This would be a no question warranty fix.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.43.51 pm.png

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
But not a single other review has mentioned it so possibly just isolated to these two cars.
As BraveDemon posted above, it got almost unusable. This would be a no question warranty fix.
Hopefully you are correct…but both the Canadian reports say the same, and two seperate cars.