FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
You can track it but it needs aftermarket parts and will have plenty of it soon!
So we are going to pay 65-68k CAD $$ and now have to mod it and also risk jeopardizing warranty on the new car we just bought? I trust SG but TH and SP reviews have really got me doubting.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
You can track it but it needs aftermarket parts and will have plenty of it soon!
That’s the problem. The Z performance is pretty much $60k. There are other cars in that price range that are clearly more capable.

For that price, I fully expected it to be more capable around a track than a $40k 86/BRZ from the factory and not have to immediately drop thousands in suspension, brake and tire upgrades.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
So we are going to pay 65-68k CAD $$ and now have to mod it and also risk jeopardizing warranty on the new car we just bought? I trust SG but TH and SP reviews have really got me doubting.
Most people do yes

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
You can track the 1LE and Supra too and they are much faster on the track.
Yes, you can mod the Z and try and catch up to those two stock.

But, then you have spent more $ and are probably still slower?

I get the Z heritage and looks. I am sure it is a comfy sporty looking tourer.
But i have learned the hard way it is always disappointing to take a non- track focused car and try to make it a track toy. Much better and cheaper to start with something that is more track focused

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s the problem. The Z performance is pretty much $60k. There are other cars in that price range that are clearly more capable.

For that price, I fully expected it to be more capable around a track than a $40k 86/BRZ from the factory and not have to immediately drop thousands in suspension, brake and tire upgrades.
Ya, I was surprised that it was slower around the track then the 86

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can track the 1LE and Supra too and they are much faster on the track.
Yes, you can mod the Z and try and catch up to those two stock.

But, then you have spent more $ and are probably still slower?

I get the Z heritage and looks. I am sure it is a comfy sporty looking tourer.
But i have learned the hard way it is always disappointing to take a none track focused car and try to make it a track toy. Much better and cheaper to start with something that is more track focused
Do most people wanna track it or drag it? Not sure the numbers in that. But personally I wouldn’t track it but I would drag race it after a few mods.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Yet again proving the new Z is not worth more than $45k USD. They're trying to push a brand "new" car when in reality it's just a 370Z with the VR30 motor and some minor upgrades to the interior to make it feel modern. It still falls short by todays standards and competition in most aspects though.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Friend just got that same 1LE. excited to drive it on the track.

Sounds like the new Z is all Touring and not a track car :(.
You'll be surprised how composed that 1LE is, friend tracks one and I'm close to his times in my stock GT PP2 (time also listed on that first video) with just camber plates and stock Cup 2s.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Img_2022_08_17_14_15_33.jpeg

Well... Hey. That's basically my exact Camaro SS 1LE right there, same color too. I made the absolute right decision. Watching that Z wallow around, no thanks. Fuel cut issues, bad transmission too? No thanks. That was me though, Nissan Z, or SS 1LE. Funny.

That Z is overpriced, period. Even if it were $45k, the 1SS 1LE would be the better buy for a sports car, AND... I have to say this far, it is a great GT car too, adjustable dampers, chassis, and Recaros are amazing.

The Z is still a very pretty car to look at though.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Well... Hey. That's basically my exact Camaro SS 1LE right there, same color too. I made the absolute right decision. Watching that Z wallow around, no thanks. Fuel cut issues, bad transmission too? No thanks. That was me though, Nissan Z, or SS 1LE. Funny.

That Z is overpriced, period. Even if it were $45k, the 1SS 1LE would be the better buy for a sports car, AND... I have to say this far, it is a great GT car too, adjustable dampers, chassis, and Recaros are amazing.

The Z is still a very pretty car to look at though.
de pinga this score board lol but yea i think like ive said a billion times on here already if this thing came in at a way lower price point with the reveiws now people would of of been ok ok needs a little effort

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
You'll be surprised how composed that 1LE is, friend tracks one and I'm close to his times in my stock GT PP2 (time also listed on that first video) with just camber plates and stock Cup 2s.
I have been on track with them and am ABSOLUTELY impressed. I have driven a LT1 1LE on the track but promised to only go 7/10s effort.
That LT1 supercharger linear power curve is super nice. and the magna ride dampers all 1LE get is basically magic.

My space shuttle torque curve is a lot to handle some days.

At this point in the reviews- especially reading between the lines- If i were deciding between a Z and 1LE it would be the Camaro 99/100 times. And i am not a huge GM fan historically.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
de pinga this score board lol but yea i think like ive said a billion times on here already if this thing came in at a way lower price point with the reveiws now people would of of been ok ok needs a little effort
Yeah, it needs a lot of work. And outside of it's looks it's nothing special. $45k you can think ok $5k or so for suspension, sways, tires, and brake pads. But $52k? Bumping it up to near $60k then in mods to what it should've been like off the lot? No way.

Man just watching it wallow around that track. Knew the first time just seeing it under acceleration and shifts that the suspension was weak.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah, it needs a lot of work. And outside of it's looks it's nothing special. $45k you can think ok $5k or so for suspension, sways, tires, and brake pads. But $52k? Bumping it up to near $60k then in mods to what it should've been like off the lot? No way.

Man just watching it wallow around that track. Knew the first time just seeing it under acceleration and shifts that the suspension was weak.
man i love all fast cars and shit bt the min the designer said its more of a dance partner i was like hmmmm....

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
The Throttle House guys nailed it with the 1, 2, 3 potential buyers. I was
in the Buyer #1 bucket since I can afford MSRP and prefer buying new.

But now I’m second guessing myself and will probably be buyer #2. The car just isn’t worth the $55K for the spec I want.

Let buyer #1 take the biggest hit on depreciation then buy it used in 2-3 years. The car will be a better value at that point.

Its a little depressing seeing the car falter review after review. I’m sure the Nismo will be a better car but at what price point?

-RJM

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
The Throttle House guys nailed it with the 1, 2, 3 potential buyers. I was
in the Buyer #1 bucket since I can afford MSRP and prefer buying new.

But now I’m second guessing myself and will probably be buyer #2. The car just isn’t worth the $55K for the spec I want.

Let buyer #1 take the biggest hit on depreciation then buy it used in 2-3 years. The car will be a better value at that point.

Its a little depressing seeing the car falter review after review. I’m sure the Nismo will be a better car but at what price point?

-RJM
u want to see the nismo u better hope this sells like its going out of style cause if they dont make a few bucks back they are not going to put money to make a nismo