First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Friend just got that same 1LE. excited to drive it on the track.

Sounds like the new Z is all Touring and not a track car :(.

Last edited:

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
I hope second gear was defective just on the cars these guys borrowed.
also they all complained of a loose electric steering with less responsiveness and no feedback on drifting... so the DoUBle WiShBoNe argument now kinda quiestionable:(

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

Yea, this was never intended to be a track car. It'll turn into one after you drop a few grand into it, but never from the start. Each iteration of the Z has always been a grand tourer that you can canyon carve on your way to work versus a focused canyon car that you can drive to work (BRZ). Its probably the biggest pain point of new buyers expecting the z to be on bRZ level of track capability along with having the sophistication/buttoned-up feel of the Supra. This car is dead center between the two in each metric (imo) but and maybe $1-2k more in price then expected, but it is it what it is.

I had the 370z before, so the plasticky nature of the cabin, reused materials from prev gen (like the brz, mustang, camaro etc all do, albeit this car has more), weight, heft, clunky manual, all are 100% welcome.

I hope second gear was defective just on the cars these guys borrowed.
They're getting these cars when us 'murican's are finished abusing them lol

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
That throttle house review was great, but it's not exactly going to make Nissan happy. Glad I have time to get my deposit back if I do decide to go elsewhere.

I just saw the track times in that review - slower than even a GR86. WTH was Nissan thinking...

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
also they all complained of a loose electric steering with less responsiveness and no feedback on drifting... so the DoUBle WiShBoNe argument now kinda quiestionable:(
Yes that total lack of feedback about what the wheels are doing isn't encouraging in a 400 hp RWD car.
I do think it likely the car used by both review teams here had a gearbox issue, no other reviewer I've seen had this grinding problem.

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
I've now pulled my Z deposit, between what Camisa says about the car, the Savageese comparo to the Supra and now seeing the Z pitted against the 1LE, the car seems to be a big disappointment dynamically.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Yea, this was never intended to be a track car. It'll turn into one after you drop a few grand into it, but never from the start. Each iteration of the Z has always been a grand tourer that you can canyon carve on your way to work versus a focused canyon car that you can drive to work (BRZ). Its probably the biggest pain point of new buyers expecting the z to be on bRZ level of track capability along with having the sophistication/buttoned-up feel of the Supra. This car is dead center between the two in each metric (imo) but and maybe $1-2k more in price then expected, but it is it what it is.

I had the 370z before, so the plasticky nature of the cabin, reused materials from prev gen (like the brz, mustang, camaro etc all do, albeit this car has more), weight, heft, clunky manual, all are 100% welcome.
Exactly. Good post.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
That throttle house review was great, but it's not exactly going to make Nissan happy. Glad I have time to get my deposit back if I do decide to go elsewhere.

I just saw the track times in that review - slower than even a GR86. WTH was Nissan thinking...
That Camaro review was interesting. ;)

I wonder about the Z GT ride style. I'm open to it, although typically prefer a more rough and tumble road feel style as in the BRZ/86.

Test drives would be nice. And maybe see how the industry is doing by next summer with availability/price and all. Whatever Nissan corporate's intentions, the dealers are effectively the gate keepers to this vehicle, and will likely price me out of contention.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Yeah, I like both TH and SP. Decided on the Supra/Velar based on the reviews from SP and Thomas’ track perspective on the Supra.

I’ll be honest, this was disappointing to watch. Especially when Thomas compared it to the Camaro 1LE.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance

You can track it but it needs aftermarket parts and will have plenty of it soon!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
watched both videos...a bit discouraging i must admit lol. makes me wanna think about mt supra more and more
Haha I agree . Discouraging for sure but let’s be real here. You will mod the car. After modding, it will be an overall a better car