Canadian *confirmed* pre-order status updates? / Canadian ordered Z

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
Me too brother me too. Tired of waiting, tired of the absolute silence about the Z from my dealership although I'm still inclined to pick it up. I almost returned my deposit this week but decided against it last minute. The car deserves a shot. It's the last Z we'll probably get to see and I want to at least give it a chance, although the reviews don't look too pretty especially the Canadian ones (wdym the second gear grinds on a brand new sports car???).

Hopefully I get to love it, but what do you all think it would go for in the current market if I had to let it go? 72-75k CAD is my guess.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Just throwing it out here.

currently have a deposit placed on a blue/blue manual performance with St Catherines Nissan in Ontario. This car was ordered in person during the second day of orders opening and is the first for the dealership. Nissan Canada has confirmed the order.

I am no longer interested in the car and would be willing to let someone take over the deposit/spot. I am not looking to make money on this but rather help someone else get one of these at the release without having to wait or paying a premium.

if anybody is interested lmk and I will look into the best way to go about doing it

thanks

new z.jpg
What you looking to get now?

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
up in the air, I have just over 30k saved for a toy and my current only debt is my mortgage so I may hold off until next spring and call this year a wash and see what continues to happen to the car market, housing market, interest rates, economy. If what I see happening is true I may end up turning my house into a rental and using the money for a down payment on what I plan to be my forever home when prices drop… but if your looking for my list of cars

camero
Supra
Mustang
C6-c7corvette
Brz
Z

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang, Ram, Suburban, etc
I come here every 4-6 weeks to check for updates on this never arriving order, at this point its comical. I wiill continue to enjoy my other car, but man it would be nice for them to arrive lol

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
Any updates guys? I ordered during the online reservation campaign, it's being silence forever. I went to nissan toronto downtown and they told me there should be some cars on the boat... But no idea about how the online reservation will go.

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
I don't have any further updates. The comments you heard from Nissan Toronto are consistent with what my dealer told me in early August -- namely, that there may be some Proto's arriving in September that are independent/separate from the online orders. It's too bad we don't have any spies at the Vancouver port/terminal.....

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
Basically, Nissan has dropped the ball. You might get the car you ordered or offered what shows up is what I’m told. I’ve also been told a pipe dream for a proto by Nissan canada executive… was actually laughed at. I’ve cancelled my pre-order

Zark

First Name
Zark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A4 B9
Occupation
Transport
Supply issue still?
Talked to some Nissan guys at Drive Festival up at Mopark, they said delays are becuase of metal shortage due to Russia exports being banned.

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, I decided to DM NissanCanada about the latest status of Canadian deliveries. Ummm... this is their reply:

Due to ongoing industry-wide supply-chain shortages, the delivery of vehicles has been delayed. Our team is monitoring the global situation closely. At this time, Nissan is currently not accepting new orders for the Nissan Z. As a pre-order Nissan Z customer, we appreciate your passion for the Z and your patience. Rest assured that once your vehicle is in transit, you will start receiving personalized information and next steps about your order. As a reminder, if you would like to cancel your order and obtain a full refund of your deposit, please contact us at [email protected].

I am not really going to comment on this, except to say that there's no way in hell I'm cancelling my order. I will wait until my dying day for this car to arrive 🥳

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
So, I decided to DM NissanCanada about the latest status of Canadian deliveries. Ummm... this is their reply:

Due to ongoing industry-wide supply-chain shortages, the delivery of vehicles has been delayed. Our team is monitoring the global situation closely. At this time, Nissan is currently not accepting new orders for the Nissan Z. As a pre-order Nissan Z customer, we appreciate your passion for the Z and your patience. Rest assured that once your vehicle is in transit, you will start receiving personalized information and next steps about your order. As a reminder, if you would like to cancel your order and obtain a full refund of your deposit, please contact us at [email protected].

I am not really going to comment on this, except to say that there's no way in hell I'm cancelling my order. I will wait until my dying day for this car to arrive 🥳
I feel bad, because this is still just an automated message. I've seen them copy-paste this on quite a few replies throughout social media platforms in the last month or more.

They have stopped taking orders until the spring, as per their website. However, they said expect delivery in the spring. But, what about those pre-orders? I'm a little sus.

Canada still hasn't seen a single car hit the roads. Meanwhile in the US, there's Proto's and Performance models driving around. Mind you, at crazy markups most times. Japan has had a ton of deliveries. AU is basically just dealership demos, maybe a car or two to the lucky set of hands. A NZ guy took delivery of a beautiful Gun Metallic. Most of the small islands have seen cars land on their shores. All small quantities, but.. at least there's some?

We're totally the last to market. If it's taken almost 10 months now with zero word from Pre-order status to today.. I have a really hard time thinking they're going to be delivering "New" spring orders.. in the spring.

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I feel bad, because this is still just an automated message. I've seen them copy-paste this on quite a few replies throughout social media platforms in the last month or more.

They have stopped taking orders until the spring, as per their website. However, they said expect delivery in the spring. But, what about those pre-orders? I'm a little sus.

Canada still hasn't seen a single car hit the roads. Meanwhile in the US, there's Proto's and Performance models driving around. Mind you, at crazy markups most times. Japan has had a ton of deliveries. AU is basically just dealership demos, maybe a car or two to the lucky set of hands. A NZ guy took delivery of a beautiful Gun Metallic. Most of the small islands have seen cars land on their shores. All small quantities, but.. at least there's some?

We're totally the last to market. If it's taken almost 10 months now with zero word from Pre-order status to today.. I have a really hard time thinking they're going to be delivering "New" spring orders.. in the spring.
I agree. It's also odd because when you look the VIN numbers that are out there, there seem to be a lot of cars that were produced but there's no sign of them on the actual roads except for the few that you mentioned above.

I get that they are probably being inundated with inquiries but this stock reply is also strange -- I wouldn't have included the phrasing about cancelling a pre-order unless I had suggested that's what I wanted. I think they could have just put in the language about supply chain issues and just left it at that.

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
Now it's November... Checked with my dealer couple days ago, at least my order is in their system. Sadly, no updates on the production and delivery date.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
dont u just love automated responses?? we been getting automated ones ever since preorders. I’m not expecting any news until January, and even then im not optimistic about it. Here we go again, spring of 2023 this time.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
someone in canada took delivery of the FL5 civic type r. winnipeg to be exact.