Canadian *confirmed* pre-order status updates? / Canadian ordered Z

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Theres some event happening at hq in ontario, hopefully there is some sort of clarity there. The gr supra 3.0 is loaded up on toyota and they have incoming units to dealers in late September/ October including the new MT at same cost. If this thing comes out before the Z just wow how fail of a company this is

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
Got a bit of an update from my dealership. He said that the first batch of Canadian Z’s are expected to be at the port in Vancouver this month with deliveries in late August or September. The odd thing he said is that it isn’t clear whether that first batch will be spec orders or just a bunch of Protos. Meaning we could be following the US launch plan even with our pre- orders. 🤮🤮🤮. I take all this with a bit of a grain of salt since it seems kinda pointless that they did that whole pre-order thing in canada if this was their plan.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got a bit of an update from my dealership. He said that the first batch of Canadian Z’s are expected to be at the port in Vancouver this month with deliveries in late August or September. The odd thing he said is that it isn’t clear whether that first batch will be spec orders or just a bunch of Protos. Meaning we could be following the US launch plan even with our pre- orders. 🤮🤮🤮. I take all this with a bit of a grain of salt since it seems kinda pointless that they did that whole pre-order thing in canada if this was their plan.
Will keep an eye out. Usually i get info on tne ports. But if it is true it might be small batches going foward. As in the proto thing i highly doubt canada is getting 240 units of protos. http://wtc-nmcc.com/pdf/sch_na.pdf

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like Nissan Canada is getting their website ready for something (??) There are two Z's listed on the sports car page.... Maybe that second icon will be the Canadian builder?

1660082351961-png.png

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its been like that since the pre orders unfortunately

Zark

First Name
Zark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A4 B9
Occupation
Transport
Talked to my dealer in the GTA today. I didn't reserve through the website but thru the dealer. The factory have yet to accept the order (reserved back in feb). Hes still in the dark and no new info regarding cars being shipped or delivered sadly. I might be waiting till next year to get it.

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well....I decided to send Nissan Canada a DM. This is what I got back. Looks like we Canadians are going to have to wait even longer than "summer". I get the sense that our Zs will follow the phase 2 US launch process. Meaning, Canada won't get any protos but our first Z's (ie the ones ordered in Jan/Feb) will arrive in the fall/winter just like the US is expecting to see the base/performance spec Zs arrive after the protos.

They should really give us Canadians a set of free winter tires for our troubles...

1660231613597-jpeg.jpg

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Waiting is not fun at all at this point

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5aed567c-fa0f-4067-9849-239bd0d60913-jpeg.jpg

yup so it’s probably true, and this isn’t talking about performance/sport either so it could just be protos allocated first this year. Worst release yet, wish i had explored options earlier during the year. Wasted a whole spring/summer, now im guessing we wont see them until january

Zark

First Name
Zark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A4 B9
Occupation
Transport
I was called in last week to spec out my car and send it out to the factory, no VIN and ETA sadly.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
just a update on this and why i am cancelling.

I will be cancelling my Z order today in ontario canada because of the economy and current situation.
originally the outgoing 2020 370z was priced starting at 29,999 here in canada. given the carry over of the platform I put the new Z pricing at a 7-10k increase from that. not at 15-25k increase. it looks like the performance trim in canada will be just over $70,000 with taxes (13%).

this was well over what i wanted to spend but was still interested. this just means the roughly 30-40k I had to put down wont go far and I will have to finance a significant amount.

this is where they lost me... I ordered on January 27th and received confirmation email February 2nd and have not received a single response or update since, originally the car was suppose to arrive beginning of June and as of yesterday they have no idea and I have been told dealerships may see 1 car this year. I regret not ordering several other cars that would of secured me 0-3% financing at the time. Nissan is on track to offer 5.99-7.99 on the new Z and local banks have all come up to around 5-6 also (line of credit is around 5.39). some people might take it as me whining or its out of nissan's control on delivery but imo its not an excuse. updating customers that trusted the car enough to place a cash deposit months before release should be shown the respect of an update, is it coming next month, this year, spring, next year, NO ETA... Will we be notified of VIN or just when it arrives at dealer? hell my dealer couldnt even say if the one they receive this year is going to be the one first ordered or not.... THIS HAS SINGLE HANDEDLY BEEN THE WORSE VEHICLE LAUNCH I HAVE EVER WITNESSED.

new z.jpg

Last edited:

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
nice of you to help out a forum member.
curious as to why you changed your mind?
That’s my silvia in the photo, I was waiting on price and release. Release was suppose to be back in early June… interest rates have significantly rose since June and the pricing is over what I’m willing to spend atm… if they released it back in June it would of been a no brainer but with only about 1/2 the price in cash l would be financing a large amount and refuse to pay that much in interest … I’ll continue to save and buy it when I’m ready and just rebuild the Sr20det in my silvia and slap a g25-550 on it and call it a day

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
That’s my silvia in the photo, I was waiting on price and release. Release was suppose to be back in early June… interest rates have significantly rose since June and the pricing is over what I’m willing to spend atm… if they released it back in June it would of been a no brainer but with only about 1/2 the price in cash l would be financing a large amount and refuse to pay that much in interest … I’ll continue to save and buy it when I’m ready and just rebuild the Sr20det in my silvia and slap a g25-550 on it and call it a day
nissan dragging out the launch has really turned quite a few people away. interesting that financing played a part in it...this may affect others too.

i originally asked the question to see if it was in light of the recent canadian reviews and performance shortcomings.

Last edited: