therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Interesting things I noticed while watching:

- ~2:10 he mentions the heat exchanger being same from Red Sport, which apparently is a weakness? Something to be upgraded? I feel like this may have been discussed on here before (also since it's still pre-production, they may swap it if real-world testing shows it to be lacking?
- Silver can be so hit or miss on cars but it looks...really good w/ the two tone? Wowzers
- Like @Andaesthetics , that transmission shifts QUICK. Really promising
- Me like the exhaust (especially for factory)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
it moved pretty quick...

hope that test driver doesn't get in any trouble over this vid...

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Interesting things I noticed while watching:

- ~2:10 he mentions the heat exchanger being same from Red Sport, which apparently is a weakness? Something to be upgraded? I feel like this may have been discussed on here before (also since it's still pre-production, they may swap it if real-world testing shows it to be lacking?
- Silver can be so hit or miss on cars but it looks...really good w/ the two tone? Wowzers
- Like @Andaesthetics , that transmission shifts QUICK. Really promising
- Me like the exhaust (especially for factory)
Absolutely should upgrade the heat exchanger. With an air intake upgrade, heat exchanger upgrade, and tune. You'll probably see gains of 80-100WHP easily.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm wondering if he knew the videographers. The opening the door and bonnet seemed a tad presumptuous.
Just posted on the other thread….a badly damaged car, left with doors unlocked, guy gives us a good taste of the sound which Nissan have been trying to keep under wraps.
R we sure it wasn’t stolen? ?

Last edited:

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Sounds Ace….but weird it was left unattended and unlocked

Given Nissan to date have not been willing to rev the engine and give us a good look at sound, and given the car is absolutely trashed…R we sure the guy driving it away didn’t actually steal it?
LOL!! We all witnessed a crime and were happy about it!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Absolutely should upgrade the heat exchanger. With an air intake upgrade, heat exchanger upgrade, and tune. You'll probably see gains of 80-100WHP easily.
That exhaust sound is kind of amplified by the tall buildings, location, but sounds nice already, still needs an aftermarket though. Excited on adding hp gains. Wait is the ECU locked on these VR30s?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
That exhaust sound is kind of amplified by the tall buildings, location, but sounds nice already, still needs an aftermarket though. Excited on adding hp gains. Wait is the ECU locked on these VR30s?
For the Q50/60s it isn't and I doubt it'll be for the new Z. Nissan knows for a fact these are tuners dream car. It would greatly hurt their sales if it was locked.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Probably won't be ECU locked, that's not Nissan's m.o.

But, you can slap a JB4 onto these for a decent bump in power, the JB4 is an inline tuner that doesn't require ECU access.

I had one on my 2016 GTI and with just a JB4 it was a little beast.
JB4 also supports bolt-ons and further power bumps.

Good thing about JB4 is it is removable for warranty work, which my GTI needed too often.