Boosted6 lower downpipes and Z1 touring y back

Arashi_z_

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan sport z
Z1 Touring Exhaust with Y Pipe and Boosted6 Lower Down Pipes (Silent But Deadly?🍑💨)

Lower down pipes install 3/5 🔧 if alone 2/5 if you have a buddy: If you have a 14mm socket, 2ft extension and swivel socket, it’s pretty simple to be honest. The hardest part of this was unplugging the passenger 02 sensor. TIP-get the bolts off that cat so you can lower it down a bit and get it out of the way to be able to unplug the 02 easier. Driver side is a peace of cake!

Boosted6 quaility and fitment 5/5
Included everything and additional hardware/gaskets

One video is from my install of the Z1 touring exhaust alone, the one with the car on the ground is with the LDPs installed and the Z1 exhaust.

Sound-Not much more from adding the LDPs. It’s the same slight hum, more noticeable in the cabin that outside. You’re not going wake up neighbors at 6am going to work but it is better than the stock manual exhaust and just enough to let you know your reving enough to take off. The sound goes away after about 3k rpm to where without the LDPs it went away around 2500rpm. It is a pleasant sound with no rasp. Nobody will notice you driving down the road or doing a pull, if that’s what you want then I’d buy it.

Quality of this setup combined is great. absolutely no issues.

Performance There’s a huge decrease in power when you add exhaust to this Z WITHOUT TUNING. The torque curve changes a lot, and it’s down not up. This is not a car you can just throw this and that on and pickup power. It needs a tune. If you do an exhaust, expect to lose that initial 2500-3k torque feel. I’m getting a tune soon and know this power will come back-that’s why I’m ok with this for now.

Great set up for those seeking more power down the road without making everyone aware that they modded their z. Sleeper status set up with great quality products. If you want race car sound, I’d try a single or something else.

✍🙏

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Let me know how you like it, thinking about doing the same.. Same set up different brand exhaust/downpipes

OP
OP
Arashi_z_

Arashi_z_

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan sport z
I have the z1 $999 set coming for my white sport model. I always lower my cars, just love the look that much more. Still figuring out what wheels I’m going to go with.

the lower down pipes don’t add much sound but should give more performance gains. So if you’re tuning, definitely just snag them for the $300

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Nice choice, let me know what you think of the Z1 coilovers. A full review would be awesome man as I assume a lot of users on here are considering purchasing the same set. Very curious to see how they perform vs stock and what the overall ride quality will feel like on full stiff/soft.