Blown Engine Teardown: VR30DDTT Infiniti Q50 3.0 Twin Turbo V6. What Failures Will I Find Inside?

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Hopefully all the issues have been worked out by now.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
That looks like a huge engine for a 3.0 V6.

BlkAsn

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Sport Tech
Occupation
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Yes, I saw this video on YouTube and was going to post it here but you smart guys already beat me to it so we are on the same page. However, this video is on the 300hp engine but the only difference between this and the 400hp are the boost and turbos according to Eric in the video. This is what I wanted to point out. It's the wastegate pivot point inside the turbo housing that wears out causing you to install a kit or replace the turbos and install blow off valves to eliminate backflow through the intercoolers. Now, I do not know the repair cost of installing the kit or replacing the turbos so if any of you Infiniti Q50S owners knows --> it would be appreciated.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Nothing beats a NA engine , less crap better performance and best of all exhaust note !

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The VR30 on the Q50/Q60 platform doesn't have blowoff valves installed. The Nissan engineers instead programmed the throttle and automatic transmission to minimize backflow. On the VR30 installed in the new Z the designers have installed recirculation valves to deal with the backflow issue because obviously you can't tune a manual transmission to compensate.

Now the million dollar question is, will the new recirculation valves prevent the waste gate rattle issue seen on the Q platform? We'll see in about 50k miles or so...

400GOZ

First Name
GOZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 FG XR6T
Watching this makes me wonder. . .

How do you blow bearings and create an actuation rattle in a car that's built in 2017 ? this video is posted in 2021 🤔 Also the carbon build up on a car that's had 3-4 years of driving. . .

-If the car was driven hard the carbon wouldn't be that bad. . . so how did it blow bearings?
-Someone was already in that engine ? . . . but it was taken from a car built in 2017 😕