First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
Who cares.......getting a shift and will be very happy with this car period..........bla bla bla....over analyzing every little thing and you will never buy a car......drive it and enjoy it.........simple...or do not buy it and buy something else that I am sure you can find something wrong with as well........I will drive it and enjoy every minute of the drive....

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Yup, last fall in NC. Ferrari 448 and new Corvette, as well.

Did you drive other cars?
Yea, the 488 as well. Have to say while it sounded great, it wasn't as impressive as the GT3.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Yea, the 488 as well. Have to say while it sounded great, it wasn't as impressive as the GT3.
I agree. The GT3 I drove had an aftermarket exhaust, so it sounded like a race car. I loved that thing. It was explosive but I always felt in control.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Wonder if Nissan will reflect this discrepancy in the performance trim price, this is pretty unacceptable if they don't tbh. And once again, California being the clown state.
This was posted in another thread months ago when this was first leaked. But this is the axle back exhaust for the 9AT performance trim most likely. Previously, I thought it was the exhaust for both the 6MT and 9AT performance trim, but I've seen other pictures/videos of the manual that has a much bigger axle back muffler.
2023 z underside.jpg
By the look of those welds-weld puddle 90% straight, they're still hand-made.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
so do we get a price discount on the perf manual since we dont really get a perf exhaust .lol

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I agree. The GT3 I drove had an aftermarket exhaust, so it sounded like a race car. I loved that thing. It was explosive but I always felt in control.
And where would you rate the Vette in this mix?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
And where would you rate the Vette in this mix?
The Corvette seemed as fast as the Ferrari (claimed 0-60 is only .3 secs difference), but it's not as responsive in acceleration or steering as the Ferrari or Porsche. I'd also say body roll was tied with the Ferrari behind the Porsche. The Nanny controls had a lot to do with that, I'm sure.

I do believe it's the best value in the super performance car category, with the looks to match it.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I think a lot of folks were expecting a ZF8 outta the "new" (lol) 9 speed, ZF are the only ones that have a nearly DCT quick Auto.

I still wouldn't take a ZF over a DCT, I'd take a ZF over any other OG Torque Converter Auto......Stick will always be the first option.

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
I think a lot of folks were expecting a ZF8 outta the "new" (lol) 9 speed, ZF are the only ones that have a nearly DCT quick Auto.

I still wouldn't take a ZF over a DCT, I'd take a ZF over any other OG Torque Converter Auto......Stick will always be the first option.
I have a 6-speed ZF in my Genesis Coupe and enjoy it a lot. Paddles are responsive and downshifts really quick. Decided to go manual this time around for the Z, but I really wish they would have put a DCT in the auto variant.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I have a 6-speed ZF in my Genesis Coupe and enjoy it a lot. Paddles are responsive and downshifts really quick. Decided to go manual this time around for the Z, but I really wish they would have put a DCT in the auto variant.
To be honest I wish Hyundai would bring back the Genesis coupe. I was highly considering a genesis coupe for awhile before I got my 370Z. Although reviews of it kind of made me look past it. I feel like they could put together an awesome sports 2 seater sports car today. Seeing the Elantra N and the Volster N, they could definitely put together a successful coupe sports car. They have that 8-speed DCT and manual already, just build a new genesis coupe around them. It would be a serious contender.

Last edited:

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
I think Hyundai/Kia tried to push the Stinger as their sportier car for after the death of the Genesis Coupe and it turned out to be a bit of a flop. I really wish Genesis did another coupe but the brand is very focused on the mid-range luxury market. A G70 coupe done well would be great though, I might take it over the Z. There's always rumors in the Genesis Coupe community that a new one is just around the corner but it never comes.

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The Stinger was just too big to inherit the Genesis mantle, different category of vehicle.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Stinger was just too big to inherit the Genesis mantle, different category of vehicle.
It’s a shame…it’s actually a really nice car, and is loaded with anything you could want.
I think the issue at least in Australia is Kia is yet to shake the “cheap Korean car” image that they actually were when they first started out.
Hyundai has only just shaken the image in Aus and have been here a great deal longer.
I guarantee you change the baring on the Stinger to a Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Ford and it would have done very well indeed

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I think the issue at least in Australia is Kia is yet to shake the “cheap Korean car” image that they actually were when they first started out.
The Stinger has sold very well here, it's the American market where it's really struggled. I know QLD and NSW Police love them. There were strong rumours last year that it was to be discontinued but now looks like we'll keep receive them.