Ariya reservations / Anybody else receive an ariya preorder reservation offer?

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Just found this :

The reservation process:
The simple reservation-to-delivery process can be completed fully online:

1. Customers visit NissanUSA.com/ariya/reserve, set up a MyNissan account, select their Ariya using the Nissan online vehicle configurator and place a $500 refundable deposit.
  2. Customers then select an EV-certified Nissan dealer to have their Ariya delivered to.
  3. After the vehicle is delivered to their dealer, customers can complete their purchase either online through Nissan@Home8, or directly at the dealership.
  4. Once customers complete their purchase, they can choose to have their Ariya delivered to their home8 or pick it up at the dealership.
So why is this not an option for the Z. Is it that it is not an electric POS?
I'm guessing Nissan wants to make the Z experience as miserable as possible lol.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm guessing Nissan wants to make the Z experience as miserable as possible lol.
I think the dealers are going to like the Z more than the Ariya.

I'm sure Nissan corporate would like to think they have a "hit" on their hands, but to the dealers, they won't be able to mark-up the Ariya near as much as the Z.

Sure, there will be less Zs sold compared to the Ariya, but they'll get ADM on them for years, and it won't be a headache with re-training and re-aligning the dealerships to a different product.

I predict Ariya may get MSRP at beginning, but will soon be below MSRP. The Z will be way more profitable per unit than the Ariya, to the dealer.

SatTerra

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 GMC Sierra, 320i GT BMW
I did not look into it very deep. I just saw that the new Ariya had a reserve now button next to it on the Nissan USA website. I am not sure how they handle it. I would assume they would still require you to select a local dealer to take delivery and arrange purchase. I was originally on the early reservation list for a new Bronco, but could not order the way I wanted it so I cancelled. Just as well, people are still waiting for theirs over a year later.
I was in same boat on Bronco. I was day-1 reservation holder and had $1K on deposit. I was BD with tow hitch, painted top, 2 door and just about every other option Ford couldn't get their act together on to build. After being pushed out to 2023 I said screw it. In the meantime I came across the Z and am patiently waiting once again. I do hopeNissan doesn't have the same issues Ford did, but in the end maybe Ford did me a favor because between the nostalgic models, Z is definitely a lady.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I was in same boat on Bronco. I was day-1 reservation holder and had $1K on deposit. I was BD with tow hitch, painted top, 2 door and just about every other option Ford couldn't get their act together on to build. After being pushed out to 2023 I said screw it. In the meantime I came across the Z and am patiently waiting once again. I do hopeNissan doesn't have the same issues Ford did, but in the end maybe Ford did me a favor because between the nostalgic models, Z is definitely a lady.
Ford was/is wayyyyy too ambitious on the Bronco, they really are "offering" a very compelling vehicle, just bad luck with the timing of a pandemic.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Two words.
Hunger marketing.
Nissan does not plan to build lots of new Zs.
It is as bad a mistake as Chevrolet makes on C8, IMHO.
Buyers still need to wait nearly 1 yr after 2 yrs it was released.