Ariya reservations / Anybody else receive an ariya preorder reservation offer?

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
I just saw on Nissan USA site they are taking $500 reservations for the new Ariya. Yet I have read that there would not be any pre order or reservations for the Z.
That seems a bit one sided. Has anyone else been able to get anywhere with reserving a Z.

OP
OP

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did not look into it very deep. I just saw that the new Ariya had a reserve now button next to it on the Nissan USA website. I am not sure how they handle it. I would assume they would still require you to select a local dealer to take delivery and arrange purchase. I was originally on the early reservation list for a new Bronco, but could not order the way I wanted it so I cancelled. Just as well, people are still waiting for theirs over a year later.

OP
OP

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just found this :

The reservation process:
The simple reservation-to-delivery process can be completed fully online:

1. Customers visit NissanUSA.com/ariya/reserve, set up a MyNissan account, select their Ariya using the Nissan online vehicle configurator and place a $500 refundable deposit.
  2. Customers then select an EV-certified Nissan dealer to have their Ariya delivered to.
  3. After the vehicle is delivered to their dealer, customers can complete their purchase either online through Nissan@Home8, or directly at the dealership.
  4. Once customers complete their purchase, they can choose to have their Ariya delivered to their home8 or pick it up at the dealership.
So why is this not an option for the Z. Is it that it is not an electric POS?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
What is the price? No mentioning of it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan implied previously that the Ariya would come before the Z in their "A to Z" campaign.

Here's further proof they are intentionally delaying the Z to allow Ariya to be "first".

Are there even any functioning Ariya driving around? Meanwhile, the Z is a producible entity and we've seen several driving around.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
What is the price? No mentioning of it.
that was my concern...no price.
you put down a deposit hoping for msrp or under and then the dealer hits you with a $10k "marketplace adjustment".

i understand the deposit is refundable, but its a hassle and time wasted. the same could happen with the z...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Isn't the Ariya just one notch above "vaporware" at this point?

Meanwhile, Tesla will happily sell people full-BEV all day long.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Come on Nissan, don't be so sure.....

"Reservations may exceed initial vehicle production levels. Therefore, Nissan cannot guarantee delivery of a 2023 ARIYA by any specific date."

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I didn't mean MSRP. I meant what price Nissan promises to sell you when you reserve now.
Nissan may be able to "promise" the MSRP, but in the US dealership model the actual transaction price can be set by the dealership.

However, I am skeptical that Nissan dealers could get away with anything over MSRP on this late to the game BEV.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Come on Nissan, don't be so sure.....

"Reservations may exceed initial vehicle production levels. Therefore, Nissan cannot guarantee delivery of a 2023 ARIYA by any specific date."
I also doubt that.
Meanwhile, I often got surrounded by Teslas at red lights where I live...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I also doubt that.
Meanwhile, I often got surrounded by Teslas at red lights where I live...
There's so many Model 3s in my area, they seem more common than a Corolla or Prius or Subaru.

I'm not so sure Nissan can tap into the Tesla enthusiasm....

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I believe the Ariya is supposed to start at $50k. But let's be real here is anyone surprised? Every auto manufacturer is focusing on EVs, especially EV SUVs. It's the most in-demand these days. Hell look at the hype behind Rivian. They haven't sold a SINGLE car to the public yet and there is crazy hype behind their upcoming EV trucks. Ariya will outsell the Z by miles which is why they are marketing it far more.