Are a lot of you still waiting for your Z?

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
I am so fed up. Been waiting over a year now. The few Z’s that are avaliable have 10-15k markup. Anyone else in a similar situation?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I am so fed up. Been waiting over a year now. The few Z’s that are avaliable have 10-15k markup. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Well…I’ve been waiting for two years.
At least I will pay MSRP when it arrives as is standard in Australia….but yeah, 2 years at present so you’ve got a ways to go

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
It's been a frustrating process. The entire launch for this car has been awful.

My 2014 370Z has been paid off since last summer but with a lack of inventory and ridiculous markups, I was pretty much ready to put it off for a year or so. By chance I searched nation-wide on Nissan's site and found an auto sport model in Seiran Blue one state over, $5K markup. Waiting on delivery this week and planning to head out there and drive it back home.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Happy for ya. Personally I want a manual performande but I’m not too picky with color at this pont

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If it’s any consolation….it looks like a few cars are now dribbling into Aus. Mine is due late April/May
If the Aussies are getting our cars, I can’t see that Canada would be too far behind …hopefully

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I am frustrated with the bigger picture. The Z "rollout" is a disaster. But, the entire automotive industry is still struggling. If you need to take your car, any model, in for repairs, there can be delays getting those parts. I'm already anxious about losing one of the cars we currently own and being unwillingly thrust into the market for a replacement car. It's been difficult keeping our older vehicles running as parts have jumped way up in price and are backordered.

All that further worries me about the new Z.... can you imagine if Nissan can only crank out a thousand Z's a year, there will be hardly any used parts available for it, or your insurance could go up knowing that the value of the Z stays artificially high.

There will be very few 2023 Z's in this world. Hopefully that changes for 2024 MY.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
...I'm already anxious about losing one of the cars we currently own and being unwillingly thrust into the market for a replacement car...
This.

I like keeping my cars for a long time, which is one of the reasons I obsess over a new purchase. Make sure it's something you like because it's going to be a keeper. Get the most out of an expensive purchase.

I take care of our cars, but things start to break. My G37 is 11 now. It's still in good shape...until something expensive breaks. Then it's the decision of fixing an old car or emergency shopping.

I only seriously started looking at the beginning of this year. I was thinking, wow, the G is almost 11 and I usually only keep a car about 10 years. I better start shopping.

Then I found the Z.

Then I found this forum.

Now, along with you fine folks, I too am hoping that Nissan can pull it together and deliver the cars before the Z is either cancelled or Nissan goes belly up or my G fails.

mac49

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Telluride, 23 Z
I gave my deposit check to the local dealer in the summer of 2021 which put me #1 on their list With a promise of a msrp price, no adm. Then just waited like all of you for my blue, performance, manual. Two ownership changes for the dealership in all this time. Then I saw their car show up in the inventory with a 16 March arrival date - sport, automatic, black Diamond.😭 I started to panic thinking I would never get one.

I searched nationwide inventory and called dealers narrowing my choices to four cars - all about the same price, $5000 ADM. finally chose the red one. I fly to Mississippi in two weeks to pick it up and drive it 700 miles home.

it’s my retirement gift to myself, so I splurged. I’m 73 so I didn’t want to wait another year. By the way, the local dealer never did find my deposit check and are charging $5000 adm for their sport model.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
only good thing is hopefully the interest rate drops before they arrive for the Canadian customers. unless your paying cash (why the hell would you buy a z then) the current interest rate in canada on the Z is at 8.29% (7.89 if under 60 months). my local dealer has a proto but when speaking with sales associate they are looking for someone to finance it. told me they would take upto a 25k down but the rest would have to be financed and the loan would be closed for the first 6 months... i laughed at the thought of still paying over $20,000 on interest if i paid it over the term

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
By the way, the local dealer never did find my deposit check and are charging $5000 adm for their sport model.
Sounds about right for a slimy dealer :mad:. Be sure to post pictures of the car!

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
I have been ready to buy for the past 6 months. The dealer close to me got a black AT Sport model. I’m looking for a performance 6sp. There are a couple of Proto’s within 100 miles. One is $81K and the other is $80K. Thats just not happening for me. Who knows how they have been driven by salespeople & test drivers. Both have been in the showroom for over a month. I would buy a Proto, if one is available for a fair price, but mine will be a daily driver, so I am not looking to buy a Z & park it in the garage. I’m willing to wait for a ‘24 if Nissan is not able to produce a decent number of units for 2023. This rollout by Nissan has been about as bad as it gets.