Occupation
Self Employed Cleaner

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Do
Now....we know we will have Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, but, will they be wireless? Will we be able to also stream movies, watch Youtube, Netflix, and much more? No...not really.

That's why we will need something like this to plug into the USB port which will open up another Android Window on the new 9Inch Nissan Z screen

https://www.niftycity.shop/products/multimedia-for-cars-with-carplay?_pos=1&_sid=daa586f69&_ss=r
Don’t see why it wouldn’t be wireless…my husbands Honda is.
Mind you I don’t know why you would want to watch Netflix or movies in the car either.
All I want mine to do is stream my music from my phone, use hands free for phone calls, and update sat nav as in telling me up to date delays etc…which the CRV does

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Apple carplay is Wireless, Android Auto is wired as per the video from one of the youtubers from ZI Motorsports. No further details from Nissan's PR.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Apple carplay is Wireless, Android Auto is wired as per the video from one of the youtubers from ZI Motorsports. No further details from Nissan's PR.
I hope he's correct. But the current spec sheet on the Z from Nissan only says Apple CarPlay, while the spec sheets for the Rogue Platinum and Pathfinder Platinum specifically say wireless Apple CarPlay.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I hope he's correct. But the current spec sheet on the Z from Nissan only says Apple CarPlay, while the spec sheets for the Rogue Platinum and Pathfinder Platinum specifically say wireless Apple CarPlay.
I just read a post from Dan Passe on the other forum where he says the Apple CarPlay is wireless. Great to know.