Anyone worried about MY2023 version

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I have no hesitation buying the first year of production for this, its is not a K car lol...but we saw the next year Supra gain almost 50hp and if I had a bought a first gen I would be pretty upset. That could have had more to do with BMW and the Z4....Anyway concerned here? Typically Japanese cars dont make big changes year over year...

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
If you look at the R35 it's the same drivetrain throughout the product life cycle with only minor power bump here and there.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I don’t expect it from Nissan considering how little they changed the 370z over a decade. :D However, I have a little caution considering both your Supra example and the 2010 Mustang GT owners. In that case, the 2011 V6 almost had the same output as the 2010 V8 and the V8 got the huge jump with the coyote engine.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
I have no hesitation buying the first year of production for this, its is not a K car lol...but we saw the next year Supra gain almost 50hp and if I had a bought a first gen I would be pretty upset. That could have had more to do with BMW and the Z4....Anyway concerned here? Typically Japanese cars dont make big changes year over year...
Yeah but now the newer model supras have locked ECUs, probably not a big deal if you're doing with something like JB4 but something to consider.

As far as Nissan goes, looking at the GTR and 370Z I haven't seen very many changes except to the price increase :(

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
not sure i'll be around in 2223....i hope so

so many 20 zupr4 guys were mad when the 2021 came out with more hp....but oil consumption evened it out
a guy even started a petition on mkv forum and posted on the supraforums

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Would2023 model be at dealerships by oct 22?
Theoretically yes; Depends on when Nissan switches production over, but if you order early enough it could happen.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Would2023 model be at dealerships by oct 22?
Possible, but doubtful, given pre orders are not until November, can not see them in the dealership by October
My guess, earliest would be Feb next year.
Hope I get a pleasant surprise, but doubt it

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Probably the most common issue with these cars will be the infotainment. Maybe some LCD cluster glitching also.
Mechanically, it's all well sorted and just parts bin stuff.
I can see more desirable wheels, aero parts, trims being offered over the years. But don't expect huge changes.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Probably the most common issue with these cars will be the infotainment. Maybe some LCD cluster glitching also.
Mechanically, it's all well sorted and just parts bin stuff.
I can see more desirable wheels, aero parts, trims being offered over the years. But don't expect huge changes.
i agree with this. Mechanically , the engine has been around for years and worked out all the kinks. The transmission been out for a years in German cars.
I’m confident it will be all ok folks. Yes, some will have minor issues but nothing to worry about.

Last edited: