Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
What about this?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Watched it…good advice if you live in the US…useless for Aus
Looks like you and others in Aus are in a better position, less price gouging and no ADMs?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Looks like you and others in Aus are in a better position, less price gouging and no ADMs?
Yep…set prices….Nissan Australia gets their allocation. It’s then listed on their inventory, dealers then order from there. No worries about a deposit because by law if the contract falls through they have to have the money back in your account in 30 days, AND can cancel contract after 30 days if car doesn’t arrive…which most of us have already had the contract longer than 30 days. Meaning if it’s overpriced, don’t like it or whatever the reason…a refund is also by law in the mail.
Win win

Last edited:

Urajiro

First Name
Moch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.
I need to know the same!

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Nope. I may go to a Nissan dealership this weekend just for a little talk lol.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Nope. I may go to a Nissan dealership this weekend just for a little talk lol.
It might be a little late by then, the dealers here in Houston are acting as if it's 1st come, 1st served tomorrow morning.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I will be genuinely floored if Nissan doesn't have an online reservation system or something aligned with Nissan @ Home - https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/shop-at-home.html - in place for this. They've had so many examples to learn from of what to do and what not to do, it'd feel like a massive screw up if there wasn't a seamless way of ordering.

Saying this, of course, after consulting with several of the biggest dealerships in the state, all of which had no info as of this past weekend. I'd imagine it's pretty hard for a salesperson to not know something - makes the job rather difficult when people ask. Guess what I'm trying to say is, a bit surprised people have already put money down when we don't even know what we're (officially) getting yet.

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I also call bullshit on Chad Dudebro, there's no way unless just about every Nissan GM in Texas has lied to me.

Bunnzilla

First Name
Bunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stanza Wagon
I think he might be misusing the word "allocation" here, but appreciate that he's putting forth the effort.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I think he might be misusing the word "allocation" here, but appreciate that he's putting forth the effort.
The effort to mislead, perhaps - anyone who follows his "guidance" will likely end up making some bad decisions and probably regret it. Then again, hard to feel bad if people don't vet a YouTube video from a guy with a few thousand followers.