Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Yeah I guess...the impression I got was that this dealer wouldn't actually do anything with a deposit except put you on their 'list', which they were happy to do anyway; i.e. they can't/aren't putting any formal order in to Nissan until the car gets announced.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah I guess...the impression I got was that this dealer wouldn't actually do anything with a deposit except put you on their 'list', which they were happy to do anyway; i.e. they can't/aren't putting any formal order in to Nissan until the car gets announced.
I get that, however my dealer generated a customer number and added it in the computer system, he also gave me a contract with the cost subject to announcement written in. Took ALL my details like drivers licences just as they would if the car was sitting at the dealer ready to go.
Basically he has everything sitting there so the day the stock comes live in Aus he can try and secure the colour in the manual that I want…the paperwork is done making it a bit easier.
AND as I said my dealer is only expecting to get 3 in due to the size of the dealership…all three have already been sold, meaning no one else will be able to purchase from him, and they are one of the second largest dealers in WA, soooo…I still think it’s worth getting your name down so to speak

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I get that, however my dealer generated a customer number and added it in the computer system, he also gave me a contract with the cost subject to announcement written in. Took ALL my details like drivers licences just as they would if the car was sitting at the dealer ready to go.
Basically he has everything sitting there so the day the stock comes live in Aus he can try and secure the colour in the manual that I want…the paperwork is done making it a bit easier.
AND as I said my dealer is only expecting to get 3 in due to the size of the dealership…all three have already been sold, meaning no one else will be able to purchase from him, and they are one of the second largest dealers in WA, soooo…I still think it’s worth getting your name down so to speak

Yeah i did the same, signed a contract and everything, but with the price subject to change. I know its not an official order, but i want to get in early and not have to wait for the second run of them

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah i did the same, signed a contract and everything, but with the price subject to change. I know its not an official order, but i want to get in early and not have to wait for the second run of them
How much did they put as a ball park price on the contract?

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Yeah part of me is tempted to just get a deposit placed interstate. The guys in Vic were like, we'll take your money, but to be honest you should just buy it where you'll get the car serviced. I dunno if that's a big thing for me--my experience with dealership servicing seems to be they're pretty overworked, and there are a ton of apprentices doing the routine services, so I'm not exactly missing much by having a good relationship with the dealer. I think the bigger risk of buying interstate is we're still a nation of lockdown next year and I can't actually pick it up!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yep
Yeah part of me is tempted to just get a deposit placed interstate. The guys in Vic were like, we'll take your money, but to be honest you should just buy it where you'll get the car serviced. I dunno if that's a big thing for me--my experience with dealership servicing seems to be they're pretty overworked, and there are a ton of apprentices doing the routine services, so I'm not exactly missing much by having a good relationship with the dealer. I think the bigger risk of buying interstate is we're still a nation of lockdown next year and I can't actually pick it up!
Yep…I get your conundrum
ACT is sandwiched right in the danger zone…anything could happen
Maybe just question the ACT dealer a bit more. Tell them everyone else taking money, I could put my money down in Vic NSW WA today. See what they say.
Is the dealer in the ACT sizeable? My dealer said to me that some dealerships may not get any in the first drop, so that may also be something to consider.
Just ask them straight out, what have you got to lose

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
89 240sx,07 Versa,12 F150 ecoboost,18 Civic Si
Occupation
Retired Army
I love the stark contrast between the first two replies.
That is what the Capital City Nissan Dealership in Topeka, Kansas says. Look dumbfounded when I ask. Hey any news about this car That will be out in now some production form in Aug...... Wa whaattt car.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
That is what the Capital City Nissan Dealership in Topeka, Kansas says. Look dumbfounded when I ask. Hey any news about this car That will be out in now some production form in Aug...... Wa whaattt car.
I contacted my local dealer, and very specifically pointed out that I was interested about being contacted for the new Z when they hear more info on it around release time. And they replied with phone calls and texts about "the 370z" or "the gtr" that I wanted to buy... I corrected the person who thought I wanted a 370 and she had no idea that there was a new model coming out.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I contacted my local dealer, and very specifically pointed out that I was interested about being contacted for the new Z when they hear more info on it around release time. And they replied with phone calls and texts about "the 370z" or "the gtr" that I wanted to buy... I corrected the person who thought I wanted a 370 and she had no idea that there was a new model coming out.
They are either….
Pretending to know nothing or
The worst sales people in history.

If the general public know there is a car about to be released then they should too

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
I have owned Nissans for most of my adult life. Good cars. My second Z is the 50th Anniversary. I will have my 3rd when I can get my hands on the Z for 2022

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR

I walked into a dealership here in Aus, and got dumbfounded looks when I asked about the new Z coming out. I then went to another dealership who knew exactly what i was talking about.. I just dont understand how you work in that industry, only sell like 10 different models of cars, but you have no idea about new models coming to the market? i understand they wont know specifics, but surely they should have at least heard of it lol

Bunnzilla

First Name
Bunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stanza Wagon
Last year I made contact with a very nice sales person at our local dealership. At the time, I was considering a 370 with a manual transmission, but he informed me that there were no new cars within that criteria available in the entirety of the United States, but he would let me know if they received any pre-owned models (our local inventory in Georgia remains slim).

I just reached out to him yesterday via email to let him know that I am very interested in the new model, and would appreciate if he contacts me as soon as they receive stock for a test drive. No response thus far. I hope that if he is no longer with the dealership that they either forward his old emails to someone else, or have someone monitoring the box. This is the first time I have ever experienced auto salespeople not swarming me, either by phone or email, the moment I expressed interest. So very strange.