Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I asked the local dealer here in North Carolina about pre-orders and they said they aren't taking them yet. I got added to a mailer that will let me know when it is opened up though. In the mean time, I might check back in frequently just so they know I am serious.
I did the same with Modern Nissan in Lake Norman!

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Two local Nissan dealers and one INFINITI have my contact info and that's it . I plan on stopping in monthly to build a relationship with them

TR Nissan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rogue, Murano
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.
Hey Chris, I work for Ted Russell Nissan in Knoxville TN. We are currently taking pre-orders with 5K down. Ted Russell is the only volume Nissan dealer in east TN so we have a strong chance to build you the 400Z to your specifications. Feel free to reach out if you want more details.

Regards,
Brian

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Hey Chris, I work for Ted Russell Nissan in Knoxville TN. We are currently taking pre-orders with 5K down. Ted Russell is the only volume Nissan dealer in east TN so we have a strong chance to build you the 400Z to your specifications. Feel free to reach out if you want more details.

Regards,
Brian
Brian,
At MSRP?
I am in CA, but my curious mind wants to know... thanks.

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
$5k deposit on a standard production run ~$40k vehicle seems a bit steep. $1-2k should be plenty...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
$5k deposit on a standard production run ~$40k vehicle seems a bit steep. $1-2k should be plenty...
As long as you can get it back i think it’s reasonable….this car is wanted and they don’t want tire kickers.
My dealer in Aus first allocation has all already been spoken for
Doesn’t have a set date, or even set specifications…yet all are sold.
In my opinion the first allocations will be gone in pre order phase.

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
As long as you can get it back i think it’s reasonable….this car is wanted and they don’t want tire kickers.
My dealer in Aus first allocation has all already been spoken for
Doesn’t have a set date, or even set specifications…yet all are sold.
In my opinion the first allocations will be gone in pre order phase.
Dang, that's pretty wild. Not many folks around here or that I know of will even tell or entertain a preorder yet and are content with $1-2k down.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have just put down $1000 here in Aus to buy my place in line at the dealership. I am now second in line, cant wait!
Hey…another Aussie…
You from east or west coast?
I put mine down about six weeks ago. My dealer was asking for $5000 deposit, but to be fair he has already sold all three of his allocation.
Good thing about Australia is they can’t sell above the price Nissan sets, and they have to refund our money within 30 days is it goes pear shaped …suppose the ACCC is does some good after all ;)

Last edited:

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Hey…another Aussie…
You from east or west coast?
I put mine down about six weeks ago. My dealer was asking for $5000 deposit, but to be fair he has already sold all three of his allocation.
Good thing about Australia is they can’t sell above the price Nissan sets, and they have to refund our money within 30 days is it goes pear shaped …suppose the ACCC is with something after all ;)

I am from Sydney Mate. One dealer i went to already had 6 deposits down so i went to a different one and i am second in line. I also feel safer knowing the dealers cant sell above the price Nissan sets! i cant wait now. How long were you told?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I am from Sydney Mate. One dealer i went to already had 6 deposits down so i went to a different one and i am second in line. I also feel safer knowing the dealers cant sell above the price Nissan sets! i cant wait now. How long were you told?
Originally he said December/Jan…but he has said it’s been delayed to early next year (but realistically I think it will be around April)
All I know he he knew how many cars his dealership would get for first allocations. He is only expecting three and I was second in line.
I hope the one that has 6 names is one of NSW biggest dealership because my guy is at one of the bigger dealers in Perth, and said some may not even get any on the first run out.
I put in my preference for a manual in yellow, and he said he would get back to me as soon as they can place dibs on actual cars coming in if he can’t get what I want so I can either get a refund or shift on my preference (colour maybe…won’t budge on wanting a manual)
He put everything into the computer, gave me a customer number ..now it’s just a waiting game
I reckon Aus allocations will be sold out within days of pre orders opening up
What timeline were you given?

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I was told mid to late next year but they said they really dont have a timeline yet. I am second in line and i also said i want a yellow and manual and i wont budge on either. The guy in front of me wants grey so i am really hoping to get the one i want

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
I tried at my local dealer (ACT Australia), they said they weren't taking them--or that they could, but there's no point as it doesn't mean anything without the car being released. I tried a dealer in Vic and they said they were happy to over the phone.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I tried at my local dealer (ACT Australia), they said they weren't taking them--or that they could, but there's no point as it doesn't mean anything without the car being released. I tried a dealer in Vic and they said they were happy to over the phone.
It will mean something when it’s released and people get in before you…and you are forced to wait for the second run.
My dealer said that they have been told how many cars will be allocated to the based on dealership size…nothing else apart from that.