Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm a huge nissan fan, owned a s13,14,15 I've been waiting for Nissan to come out with a 6 twin, manual for a very long time.

I live in Australian and I'm keeping track on Z news through forums around the world.

I called my local dealership and they said I can't get on the list untill pricing and specs are released but he'll give me a call back as soon as pre orders are approved.

(Just incase there are some Aussies on this forum wondering)
Also Australian....every time I enquire, my dealer simply says they have no information and send me on my way. They won’t even take my number, so your one up on me ....even though I’ve told them it’s an easy sale ‍♀

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Nissan of Wesley Chapel is taking deposits of $500 to "hold your place in line" as the new cars arrive. I asked a very simple question to the salesperson, "will I have a right of refusal if I don't like the car and get the deposit back?" Her answer, "No", but you could apply that deposit to any other car you like instead. I ended the conversation at that point.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Nissan of Wesley Chapel is taking deposits of $500 to "hold your place in line" as the new cars arrive. I asked a very simple question to the salesperson, "will I have a right of refusal if I don't like the car and get the deposit back?" Her answer, "No", but you could apply that deposit to any other car you like instead. I ended the conversation at that point.
Thats not great, here its 100% refundable. Will you put a deposit down?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey Peeps...just placed a deposit on the Z in one of the larger dealers in Australia.
he tells me they will only have 3 for their dealership on launch, and that then they will be drip fed as they don’t want to flood the market.
Deposit was steep ($4000) BUT totally refundable
Being from Australia we have a retail watchdog called the ACCC and the dealer has informed me that if they tried to sell cars over the RRP that they would be sued, and therefore there will be no dealer mark up so to speak.
They are guesstimating that the drive away price for Australia will be around $80,000 but of course as previously stated that if it’s cheaper that’s all I will be charged. Keep in mind in Australia the current 370Z Nismo still goes for around $70,000 and the Supra around $90,000

He tells me as long as there are no more delays in production ( and they believe that it’s actually ramped right back up again) that the cars are due in the showroom THIS DECEMBER.
With subsequent shipments around March 2022.

keep in mind this is all through a dealer, but the fact that my cash is refundable gives me hope that it is a honest relationship...if so the date that was knocked around about a May 23rd reveal would make sense

One last point...I was the second to purchase, so the dealer has already sold 2 out of the three cars he has coming.

Last edited:

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Hey Peeps...just placed a deposit on the Z in one of the larger dealers in Australia.
he tells me they will only have 3 for their dealership on launch, and that then they will be drip fed as they don’t want to flood the market.
Deposit was steep ($4000) BUT totally refundable
Being from Australia we have a retail watchdog called the ACCC and the dealer has informed me that if they tried to sell cars over the RRP that they would be sued, and therefore there will be no dealer mark up so to speak.
They are guesstimating that the drive away price for Australia will be around $80,000 but of course as previously stated that if it’s cheaper that’s all I will be charged. Keep in mind in Australia the current 370Z Nismo still goes for around $70,000 and the Supra around $90,000

He tells me as long as there are no more delays in production ( and they believe that it’s actually ramped right back up again) that the cars are due in the showroom THIS DECEMBER.
With subsequent shipments around March 2022.

keep in mind this is all through a dealer, but the fact that my cash is refundable gives me hope that it is a honest relationship...if so the date that was knocked around about a May 23rd reveal would make sense

One last point...I was the second to purchase, so the dealer has already sold 2 out of the three cars he has coming.
Thanks. I believe that timing is about right and estimated for Canada too. However price converted to US or CND dollar seems really high...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks. I believe that timing is about right and estimated for Canada too. However price converted to US or CND dollar seems really high...
In Australia we have high importation charges and a ”luxury car tax” which can add around $3000
as I said the dealer doesn’t have confirmation on price as yet, but need to put something on the paperwork. I’m hoping it will come in cheaper and they are just covering their bases, as I said he is only allowed by law to charge the RRP once it is revealed., and I feel they think it may be better to over estimate and keep buyers than under estimate and loose them. But I notice you can buy a 370 new in Canada for around $40,000?
in Aus the cheapest you’ll pick one up new is $53,000

We get ripped off in Australia, it is why a lot of people choose to import cars themselves...but you have to know what your doing and have some kind of an agent to save money...and of course the age old problem of driving on the other side of the road than 90 percent of the world makes it tricky, particularly in this case where the car won’t be available in the UK.

I just hope their info is correct and they announce it soon....but yeah, it seems to marry up with the details your dealer in Canada has given you

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Even if true and they go on sale in December, they will probably be a limited number per dealership at first. Plus I think I would rather get one when the worst part of winter is over so I won't have to buy snow tires or a winter wheel set right away.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Even if true and they go on sale in December, they will probably be a limited number per dealership at first. Plus I think I would rather get one when the worst part of winter is over so I won't have to buy snow tires or a winter wheel set right away.
Correct...as I said our dealer is only getting 3, and is one of the bigger dealerships in our state.
See the difference is....it will be summer here in Australia ;)

baserunner

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon, 350Z Roadster, R8, M4, 718 CS, 992 911CS4
Occupation
CFO
I hope we can build our own 400z and the NISMO like what we can do with the Porsche.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I hope we can build our own 400z and the NISMO like what we can do with the Porsche.
That’s not gonna happen, unless you do a special order and pay Porsche prices. You can’t individually build at the rumoured price point, and the Z has always been about owners spending up in the after market to make their cars more unique.

baserunner

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon, 350Z Roadster, R8, M4, 718 CS, 992 911CS4
Occupation
CFO
That’s not gonna happen, unless you do a special order and pay Porsche prices. You can’t individually build at the rumoured price point, and the Z has always been about owners spending up in the after market to make their cars more unique.
You are correct ... we can only choose certain trim levels ... all modifications are aftermarket ... I personally would like at least to change out the wheels ... to Rohana RFG Forged Series ... 20x10 rear and 19x10 front ... if possible ...

IsotopicZ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Acura RDX
Occupation
Nuclear Instructor
I asked the local dealer here in North Carolina about pre-orders and they said they aren't taking them yet. I got added to a mailer that will let me know when it is opened up though. In the mean time, I might check back in frequently just so they know I am serious.