Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I’m in Vancouver Canada, and just put a deposit down. They said I was No 3 but I know the dealer really well (we have an Xterra and my son has a Titan) so he winked and said possibly I could move up in priority...

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I’m in Vancouver Canada, and just put a deposit down. They said I was No 3 but I know the dealer really well (we have an Xterra and my son has a Titan) so he winked and said possibly I could move up in priority...
I'm surprised they would take a deposit this early. I know it will probably be different here in the states, but did they give you any hint as to when they might be available or at least a finished production version to check out? I'm getting antsy to get a new car and don't know if I can hold out a whole year and if its even worth the wait.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Not all dealers will do it, some said you have to wait until pricing is confirmed. Details on availability are unknown. He did say there is a press conference coming but didn’t have a date on it, maybe the May 23rd date that others are posting about?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I have talked to three dealers in my area and no one even knows what car I am talking about yet.
Not all dealers will do it, some said you have to wait until pricing is confirmed. Details on availability are unknown. He did say there is a press conference coming but didn’t have a date on it, maybe the May 23rd date that others are posting about?
Yeah I kinda doubt you put a legitimate "deposit" down towards the car. Especially in Canada. The US is a much bigger market for the Z, hence why the leaked production cars were sent to the US. Neither the production car nor official specs have been officially revealed yet and it's not a limited production car. Any dealer taking "deposits" right now are just taking your money. Chances are if you put a "deposit" down, none of it is actually going to the car itself.

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Infiniti g35x, 2015 Nissan Micra
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
I got crickets here in Mississauga they said check Nissan Canada news. For updates.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Yeah I kinda doubt you put a legitimate "deposit" down towards the car. Especially in Canada.
I think that most people use deposit and 'hold my position in line' interchangeably at this point. I'm not sure it's really worth it because I (with the Supra at least) dealers were all of a sudden 'losing' that one they had coming & then it would appear in Craiglist a day afterwards (since Toyota Canada's agreement with dealers was that they are not allowed to mark up vehicles afaik).

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Yeah I kinda doubt you put a legitimate "deposit" down towards the car. Especially in Canada. The US is a much bigger market for the Z, hence why the leaked production cars were sent to the US. Neither the production car nor official specs have been officially revealed yet and it's not a limited production car. Any dealer taking "deposits" right now are just taking your money. Chances are if you put a "deposit" down, none of it is actually going to the car itself.
Its just a way to prioritize my spot in the queue when they formally take delivery of some cars, it is subject to final pricing and specs and 100% refundable. No the dealer is not taking my money.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Called two dealers. First one said they would gladly take my cash to put me on the waiting list... yeah right. Said they were only going to have 2 cars at that dealership and expected them to start rolling out in November. Second dealer actually acted like a reputable business. Bigger dealership so more cars said they would only have 4 also told me that they don't want to take any money until they know more about the car. Took my number and said they would call me when I can come in.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
I think I read somewhere that said dealers will officially start taking orders in May.

400GOZ

First Name
GOZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 FG XR6T
I'm a huge nissan fan, owned a s13,14,15 I've been waiting for Nissan to come out with a 6 twin, manual for a very long time.

I live in Australian and I'm keeping track on Z news through forums around the world.

I called my local dealership and they said I can't get on the list untill pricing and specs are released but he'll give me a call back as soon as pre orders are approved.

(Just incase there are some Aussies on this forum wondering)

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Mazda Rx8
Occupation
Service Advisor Nissan
No deposits here yet, waiting till they announce more information on the Z.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
New to Nissan community. Own 3 Mazdas now.
Loved the 300ZX in the 90s. Did not have the chance to own one.
This new Z looks amazing to me.
400hp makes the decision easy.

Asked my local dealers. They won't take my deposit until Nissan confirms the release date and prices.
Looking forward to own a stick-shift Z this year.