Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

OP
OP

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
For months, I have called a number of dealers in the southeast US to get on a ‘call list’ to eventually put in an order. I thought it would get better when the car was officially announced. Nope.

I see this heading down a path where no preorders will be taken and very high adjusted dealer markups will occur for the first year or two on cars ‘in stock’. Hope I am wrong.

Teresa Martine

First Name
Chef T
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chrysler
Occupation
Exec Chef
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.
[/QUOTE

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.
[/QUOTE
Teresa, first of all, the new Z will NOT be called 400Z, just Nissan Z. Search around these forums, US dealers will receive allocations for the Spring 2022 deliveries, but no pre-orders and I would not believe any dealers promising inventory with deposits. And even with a 'waitlist' there is no guarantee what trims a particular dealer will get and any promises of prices. We're expecting heavy dealer mark-ups for these first allocations.
Good luck, still good to keep communication with your dealer, though, in the mean time.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Teresa, first of all, the new Z will NOT be called 400Z, just Nissan Z. Search around these forums, US dealers will receive allocations for the Spring 2022 deliveries, but no pre-orders and I would not believe any dealers promising inventory with deposits. And even with a 'waitlist' there is no guarantee what trims a particular dealer will get and any promises of prices. We're expecting heavy dealer mark-ups for these first allocations.
Good luck, still good to keep communication with your dealer, though, in the mean time.
it depends where you are from.
Here in Australia, Nissan Australia is taking reservations now.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Got a text out of the blue from one of the many dealers I've contacted, and she said something along the lines of, "the Z's will hopefully be in next spring. Unfortunately don't have much beyond that." Again, nothing new, however it seems like they're all remaining just as much in the dark as we are.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Just visited a Mazda dealer for maintenance.
Every vehicle in their showroom has ADM of $4995 dealer sticker next to the OE window sticker.
It is the time we live in now.... even a Mazda3 has $5k ADM on it.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
went to the Nissan dealer near me and they were pricing the Sentra basic at 30k...the Z will probably be 60k

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
went to the Nissan dealer near me and they were pricing the Sentra basic at 30k...the Z will probably be 60k
I live in FL where there's a car dealership on every corner so I'm hoping with enough options I'll be able to find a reputable dealer that will honor MSRP. If not though, I'll hold on to my 370 and enjoy not having any car payments for the foreseeable future.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
They are nuts. Just shop around and find a dealer that will order one at MSRP or a slight discount, problem solved.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Surely there's still some ethical dealer out there. I'm surprised that these no legislation to prevent this type of behaviour. It's essentially price fixing. Imagine if all the stores decided to sell milk at $10 gallon..

HereZJohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Audi s6
I work in the auto industry. I was lucky enough to get connected with a local dealer saying the owner will under no circumstances allow them to charge over msrp. However they also barely sounded like they knew what i was talking about when mentioning the new Z... we shall see!

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I live in FL where there's a car dealership on every corner so I'm hoping with enough options I'll be able to find a reputable dealer that will honor MSRP. If not though, I'll hold on to my 370 and enjoy not having any car payments for the foreseeable future.
There are quite a few of us on here. Even had a thread going awhile back that we could probably revive - https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/florida-z-buyers.240/page-2 - so when we get closer, we could try for some level of coordination to discover the "good" dealers and give them our business.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
We need a sticky thread that lists all Nissan dealers selling new Z at MSRP.
I am guessing that there won't be too many....

Does Nissan have a courtesy delivery program?
GM does (for the C8). A remote dealer can deliver your car to a nearby dealer.
You pay a few hundred bucks for pre-delivery inspection to the nearby dealer, who takes care of the paper works also.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
We need a sticky thread that lists all Nissan dealers selling new Z at MSRP.
I am guessing that there won't be too many....

Does Nissan have a courtesy delivery program?
GM does (for the C8). A remote dealer can deliver your car to a nearby dealer.
You pay a few hundred bucks for pre-delivery inspection to the nearby dealer, who takes care of the paper works also.
Was going to say without knowing what the courtesy delivery program is, it sounded like https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/shop-at-home.html

However, reading this explainer (granted it's quite a few years old, but can't imagine much has changed) - https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/courtesy-delivery-explained.15107/ - makes it sound much more comprehensive

IsotopicZ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Acura RDX
Occupation
Nuclear Instructor