Any companies announce an aftermarket exhaust for the z yet?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Would be cool but I think the Z32 is the only Nissan they've ever released an exhaust for. Their exhausts sound really good to me and aren't wildly expensive compared to some other brands. I still regret not picking up their center section/x-pipe for my current car on a Black Friday sale a few years back as it costs nearly double now than what I would have paid then. I knew I didn't want their axle-back but couldn't decide at the time which I did want and ended up not picking up anything at all ?
I bought mine in Sept '00. It took almost three months due to their workload and they had to break out the Z32 template. Nice Porsche-like sound...

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Fast Intentions comes to mind. They've made catbacks for the 370Z, G37, Q60, etc. I went with Ark on my 370 but plan on going with whatever FI comes up with this time.

Why FI over Ark? I've always liked the Ark's quality and sound.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I had the Ark GRiP with FI test pipes and felt the FI catback sounded better in the same setup. The Ark is a nice system, but I didn't really like the brand stamp on the mufflers, thought they sat a little too low, and was never 100% satisfied with getting both sides set perfectly symmetrical.

This was around a decade ago but I believe it was the owner of FI that I spoke to on the phone one night when ordering the test pipes. Dude was really down to earth and we ended up shooting the breeze talking about Z's and cars in general for like 45 minutes. Might sound silly but I also try to support smaller American businesses when possible once I know that they offer quality products and are really passionate/skilled at what they do.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I lurked around the Q forums for a bit, and it seems that the consensus of fast intentions being the go-to is that they give the best reported gains, have a couple different muffler and resonator options and the ark is more expensive. I do think the ark sounds like a monster though, and FI usually has fairly long lead times.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
If i recall correctly, when i decided for FI, it was due to the slightly deeper sound, muffler options and better price versus ARK. Nothing against Ark and their tips look amazing, but the FI was smooth..add to all that FI doesn't hang as low as ARK.

I lurked around the Q forums for a bit, and it seems that the consensus of fast intentions being the go-to is that they give the best reported gains, have a couple different muffler and resonator options and the ark is more expensive. I do think the ark sounds like a monster though, and FI usually has fairly long lead times.
The lead time is the only issue. I waited approx 12 weeks for mine.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

This is my favorite video of the FI exhaust. I love the concise note through the pulls, (it has downpipes and a tune as well)
Wow, sounds great AND it has a built-in bumper riding defense mechanism. Win-win in my book!

Re: FI, was curious and figured long lead times = hand-built on demand. Sure enough, per website - “This product is hand built (in house)”

honestly, love that. Bet their quality control is top notch.