Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Nice !!

Now All We Need To Wait On Is The Heat Exchanger . . .

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator

Gees, the fit and finish under that is pretty ordinary. Hoping the production models are better. That square section tubing is also going to be a rust trap...
What area are you referring to specifically? Aside from the NVH panels, everything seems pretty open, which is actually a good thing when it comes to rust prevention (allows everything to dry out). With that said, I would have liked to have seen more heat shielding.

The single good thing about employing a revised Z34 chassis is that we have the benefit of almost two decades of other peoples' experiences with the 350 and 370 lol. I've never heard of a 350 or 370 having any rust issues.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
man i feel like to change the turbos your gonna have to drop the engine

OP
OP
Go2ZZZ

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Yup. For sure you would. New turbos are $$$$$$$ and the labor to install is almost as bad.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yup. For sure you would. New turbos are $$$$$$$ and the labor to install is almost as bad.
Yup, drivetrain drop.
According to Infiniti techs, the only way to get to the turbos is to drop the engine. And it's much easier to leave the drivetrain attached, especially on AWD cars. I'm not sure what's the best approach with RWD versions, drop just the engine or the engine and transmission, most VR30 Qs here are AWD.

OP
OP
Go2ZZZ

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
After watching the video from four bros, looks like the heat exhanger is placed in a different sport then the Infiniti’s. Looks not as easy to install them?

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
After watching the video from four bros, looks like the heat exhanger is placed in a different sport then the Infiniti’s. Looks not as easy to install them?
Heat exchanger is in the same location. The dude acknowledged he wasn't familiar with the cooling system before he made those comments in the video.