Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Picked it up today...

myz5.jpg

myz2 (2).jpg

myz4.jpg

myz3 (2).jpg

myz7.jpg
So, this one wasn’t the one that just came to each dealer? I heard they can’t sell them till spring but guess not true since it’s in your driveway! I think you may be the first in Ontario

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So, this one wasn’t the one that just came to each dealer? I heard they can’t sell them till spring but guess not true since it’s in your driveway! I think you may be the first in Ontario
And if it is true…good on the dealer for getting it into customers hands that have been waiting for well on a year

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
So the way that worked apparently, is each dealer was allocated one car for demonstration or for sale.. it was kind of up to them what they wanted to do with it. Some got sold on to people waiting. The dealers never specd the cars out they just got what they got for the demo. Most of the dealers are keeping them as display. Some super lucky people got the phone call because it just so randomly happened to match their pre order and the dealer assumed they were the ordered cars as there was still no communication, no matched vin's. My dealer didn't even know the demo was coming. It just showed up. One guy bought one that had a black interior although he pre ordered blue, they just assumed oops? And he bought it anyways.

I'm sure the orders that actually did go through their system are still on the way. So this guy's dealer may end up with a second passion red car any time. Haha

There was two types of pre-orders that went in through Nissan Canada for the Z in 2022. At the end of January id say 28th-30th or so, dealerships were able to impute an order for the car to Nissan for approval. That closed in only 3 or 4 days. Then the online reservation system went live on Nissan Canada at the start of February, that lasted only about 3 days before they "sold out" the there you were able to assign a specific build without options other than interior/transmission to your name and attach your specified dealership. They had said they would keep the system up to date and send you emails with when the car is built and coming. But that is still silence too.

Right now, the order bank has been completely closed even at the dealerships since then. If you didn't get yourself an order in January, or filled out the online reservation in February, all the dealerships can do for now is write your name down for when the order banks are open again.

With their one allocated demos, they can sell them to who ever if they want, it's their decision as with the orders closed, they wont get themselves either until those reservations are fulfilled.

Hope that helps clear some confusion

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
H
So the way that worked apparently, is each dealer was allocated one car for demonstration or for sale.. it was kind of up to them what they wanted to do with it. Some got sold on to people waiting. The dealers never specd the cars out they just got what they got for the demo. Most of the dealers are keeping them as display. Some super lucky people got the phone call because it just so randomly happened to match their pre order and the dealer assumed they were the ordered cars as there was still no communication, no matched vin's. My dealer didn't even know the demo was coming. It just showed up. One guy bought one that had a black interior although he pre ordered blue, they just assumed oops? And he bought it anyways.

I'm sure the orders that actually did go through their system are still on the way. So this guy's dealer may end up with a second passion red car any time. Haha

There was two types of pre-orders that went in through Nissan Canada for the Z in 2022. At the end of January id say 28th-30th or so, dealerships were able to impute an order for the car to Nissan for approval. That closed in only 3 or 4 days. Then the online reservation system went live on Nissan Canada at the start of February, that lasted only about 3 days before they "sold out" the there you were able to assign a specific build without options other than interior/transmission to your name and attach your specified dealership. They had said they would keep the system up to date and send you emails with when the car is built and coming. But that is still silence too.

Right now, the order bank has been completely closed even at the dealerships since then. If you didn't get yourself an order in January, or filled out the online reservation in February, all the dealerships can do for now is write your name down for when the order banks are open again.

With their one allocated demos, they can sell them to who ever if they want, it's their decision as with the orders closed, they wont get themselves either until those reservations are fulfilled.

is dealer is smart. Can’t sell a car you don’t have, so give it to a person that's been waiting at MSRP and build a great rep.
The pre order will still be coming, and they can keep it when they actually have cars to sell again

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
H
is dealer is smart. Can’t sell a car you don’t have, so give it to a person that's been waiting at MSRP and build a great rep.
The pre order will still be coming, and they can keep it when they actually have cars to sell again
Yep, and if the demo my dealer got was anywhere close to what I ordered in January with them. I'm sure they'd sell that one to me since I'm still their first order, and then they can resell the one I ordered when it eventually comes in , which could be any time.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance

I preordered one on January 29th at the dealer of my choice in the GTA. There is no news on another one coming. So….. I started to call all the ones in Ontario lol. Most said the same as you as they were shocked it came surprisingly. Everything you mention above is true. However, there were was 1 who had a cancellation in small town. They didn’t have any preorders. Guess what? I’m assigned that one and it is the exact spec I wanted. Once papers are signed, I’m going to get my refund on the original deposit I made earlier. I guess I got lucky when I called and was on the ball. All MSRP too! Since it’s like a 5 hour drive I found a place to do an end purse delivers for under $500. Which is perfect as I don’t wanna drive 10 hours there and back. Plus, don’t want it to see salt/snow. The ball is rolling and hope I can close this deal out so I can have a post like this from the OP :)

OP
OP
pectab

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
I preordered one on January 29th at the dealer of my choice in the GTA. There is no news on another one coming. So….. I started to call all the ones in Ontario lol. Most said the same as you as they were shocked it came surprisingly. Everything you mention above is true. However, there were was 1 who had a cancellation in small town. They didn’t have any preorders. Guess what? I’m assigned that one and it is the exact spec I wanted. Once papers are signed, I’m going to get my refund on the original deposit I made earlier. I guess I got lucky when I called and was on the ball. All MSRP too! Since it’s like a 5 hour drive I found a place to do an end purse delivers for under $500. Which is perfect as I don’t wanna drive 10 hours there and back. Plus, don’t want it to see salt/snow. The ball is rolling and hope I can close this deal out so I can have a post like this from the OP :)
Which colour?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
To OP,
Is it a manual or auto?
I see "N" in the dash. Does it mean it is an auto?

I did not see you answer that question above.
Thanks.

Congrats!