Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
it's crazy...
but they are rare and legendary.

i had a guy who owns 4 mkivs try to buy mine and i told him i wouldn't sell because the prices have gone up so much i'm afraid i'd never be able to afford another one.

i wish i still had my first 2 supras too. in fact i've been trying to get one of them back but she won't sell. it's just sitting in a field with a blown motor.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
The first Supra I was going to buy back in 2006 looked just like that red one. Except a lot of clear coat was gone lol. It had 100k on the odometer but the seller was only asking $12k. I wanted it so bad but my dad didn't want to spend that kind of money on my first car. :(

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The first Supra I was going to buy back in 2006 looked just like that red one. Except a lot of clear coat was gone lol. It had 100k on the odometer but the seller was only asking $12k. I wanted it so bad but my dad didn't want to spend that kind of money on my first car. :(
i feel your pain...
i missed out on 2 different supras at $10k ea. around 2010 and 2013.
also around 2013 the guy i bought my first surpa from was gonna sell me his other one for $25k.
similar clean gte single v160's were going for $40-50k at the time.
the wife said i had too many cars at the time....

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That was over 2 years ago, but yeah he got a sweet deal. NA RHDs are going for $30k+ range these days.
Whenever you guys are feeling down check out carsales.com.au and the prices we are paying in Australia…should cheer you up

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Whenever you guys are feeling down check out carsales.com.au and the prices we are paying in Australia…should cheer you up
Yeah I know cars are stupidly expensive down there, but don't you guys have a higher hourly wage than us?

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
A quick Google search shows the following:

U.S. $7.25
Australia $20.33

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A quick Google search shows the following:

U.S. $7.25
Australia $20.33
Not the whole story …depends on age as well…a 14 year old hospitality worker would start at around $7 and work up, also depends on industry all different award rates for different industries and all different hourly rate depending on age.
Some skilled employment would be paid far more in the US it’s all a matter of perspective, but yes on a whole we get paid better…
And it’s not just cars, average rent, food everything close to double if not more. In particular rent is on the move with many citizens returning home during the pandemic creating a shortage

It’s all relative really

Last edited:

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Not the whole story …depends on age as well…a 14 year old hospitality worker would start at around $7 and work up, also depends on industry all different award rates for different industries and all different hourly rate depending on age.
Some skilled employment would be paid far more in the US it’s all a matter of perspective, but yes on a whole we get paid better…
And it’s not just cars, average rent, good everything close to double if not more. In particular rent is on the move with many citizens returning home during the pandemic creating a shortage

It’s all relative really
Wow, you guys like 14 yrs old work?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wow, you guys like 14 yrs old work?
Yep min is 14 and a half…they get paid next to nothing in comparison to everyone else, usually fast food chains love them.
My boys (one has just turned 15) referee soccer. They get paid more than most adult professionals an hour, but work is sporadic and they have to have a strong character to put up with the abuse…which is why I guess they get paid so well

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Yep min is 14 and a half…they get paid next to nothing in comparison to everyone else, usually fast food chains love them.
My boys (one has just turned 15) referee soccer. They get paid more than most adult professionals an hour, but work is sporadic and they have to have a strong character to put up with the abuse…which is why I guess they get paid so well
I guess haven't looked up child labor laws in awhile. 14 and 15 yr olds can also work in the States but with restricted hours.