3M Vinyl Wrap for black roof

240ZED

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis G70 3.3
3M has lots of colours in gloss, some that might match or be very close to the body colour. Has anyone ever had any experience with vinyl wrap on the roof of a car. Supposedly lasts for 7-10 years? You Tube makes it look easy to apply yourself.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
unless they specifically match the color and make it, i doubt any currently made would be close.

i've dabbled in paint and body a few years back. you would be surprised how many shades of black or white there is.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I might actually wrap the roof for protection. Would still be black.

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
unless they specifically match the color and make it, i doubt any currently made would be close.

i've dabbled in paint and body a few years back. you would be surprised how many shades of black or white there is.

^^ THIS!

I've seen a number of attempts and never a match made. Close, but no. Only guarantee is wrap the whole thing.

OP
OP
240ZED

240ZED

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis G70 3.3

What do you think a good body/paint shop would charge for the roof, assuming Nissan releases the paint info fairly soon after sales start?