Anticipated announcement & changes for next model year 2024?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
It seems like the Z serial numbers in the US (and CA?) haven't advanced for a month. It's nearly June. Does that mean the 2024 model year is on the horizon? Do we expect any changes for 2024? I guess if the 2023 problems are fixed that might be enough to keep her rolling.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It seems like the Z serial numbers in the US (and CA?) haven't advanced for a month. It's nearly June. Does that mean the 2024 model year is on the horizon? Do we expect any changes for 2024? I guess if the 2023 problems are fixed that might be enough to keep her rolling.
There are models that were built in Dec 2022 that have not landed yet (at least in Aus). By the time some people get their cars they will be 6-12 months old.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
im pretty sure prod has cut off for 2023. delivering cars at the end of 2023? you are a year/yearhalf behind doesnt make any sense to me
If my pre order shows up with a 2022 build date I will not take the car and if it shows up close to the fall I will not take the car.I am not paying full price for a 1 year old car when new models usually start in Oct.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
It seems like the Z serial numbers in the US (and CA?) haven't advanced for a month. It's nearly June. Does that mean the 2024 model year is on the horizon? Do we expect any changes for 2024? …
I don’t know what, if any changes, are expected for 2024 but I’m all for a higher production rate, especially for the Passion Red.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I started thinking about this as well. I can't imagine that many changes and I cant imagine how long it'll take to actually get one. Could be another 2 years......

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I started thinking about this as well. I can't imagine that many changes and I cant imagine how long it'll take to actually get one. Could be another 2 years......
A year or so ago reading the tea leaves, I predicted 2024 before a non-connected MSRP type person like me, would see a Z delivered and in my driveway. Now I'm not even sure if that is optimistic?

Of concern is any mid or yearly price hikes. Those have been hitting some vehicles hard. What will Z cost in 2024 or onwards.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I wouldn't even be surprised if Nissan continues to deliver MY2023 Z's to dealers throughout 2024. I have a feeling that the slow trickle of "old" Z's is due to Nissan having a stash of unfinished Z's somewhere, and they are just now getting the few parts needed to finish them and ship them.

I know some of y'all are keeping tabs on how many Z's have shipped, isn't that number less than 2K 2023 Z's to the USA? It's ridiculous, can't even be worth it to manufacture so few of one model....

I haven't been wooed by any other car lately, so I am still sitting here watching this hot mess not get any better. However, the new Tacoma has caught my eye, and that is Toyota's bread and butter, they made 230K of them last year, despite issues in the industry. If I can get a new Tacoma before I can get a Z, that'll be my entire new car budget and I'll have to bow out of the Z game. I have no delusions that I'll be able to buy a used one either. With only a few several hundred delivered so far, they'll always be "rare" and over-priced.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'll take any model year at this point if I could just get one.
I don't think there will be any significant differences between a 2023 and 2024 or 2025 or 2026. Nissan rarely "fixes" anything or makes major changes. They just keep plugging along.

Things like the headlight rubbing, hood rubbing, transmission issues are all taken care of post-sale, and those changes integrated into manufacturing. To be fair, Nissan did a mostly good job with the car, I highly doubt there will be any significant issues for any year of Z that someone will get stuck with.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
If my pre order shows up with a 2022 build date I will not take the car and if it shows up close to the fall I will not take the car.I am not paying full price for a 1 year old car when new models usually start in Oct.
Keep waiting pal lol

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Considering that it's taken this long to even get the new Z into production, I highly doubt there's going to be any changes for the next 2-3 years. The only "change" we'll likely see is the new Z Nismo coming out probably Q3-4 of next year as a 2025MY.