vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Now the question is how much more weight will leather/heated seats, BOSE and LSD add to the Performance Trim?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I'm surprised that the fake news isn't all over this. ?

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
Yes, people have been told online reservations for the public open on the 3rd of February with official pricing released early March.
where did you get this info from?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I noticed that there was some text under the blue TBD box for the Base curb weight on the Performance/Proto section. Converting the PDF to plain text reveals the following:

Performance(MT) / ProtoSpec: 1604 (3536 lbs)
Performance(AT) / ProtoSpec: 1634 (3602 lbs)

Fuel economy and Factory Installed Accessories sections are both still TBD.

1643299318919.png

1643309468270.png

Page 5 with TBD box removed is attached

Attachments

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I noticed that there was some text under the blue TBD box for the Base curb weight on the Performance/Proto section. Converting the PDF to plain text reveals the following:

Performance(MT) / ProtoSpec: 1604 (3536 lbs)
Performance(AT) / ProtoSpec: 1634 (3602 lbs)
So that is 3536 lbs for the MT Performance vs. 3485 for the MT Sport, a difference of 51 pounds. About what I expected, not bad at all.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
This is why we are asking Dan about it…it doesn’t really make sense.
If it’s a pricing thing the bigger screen at factory would cost perhaps a couple of hundred dollars extra. When you are about to spend 70k on a car…$200 extra is nit bound to break the bank.
Australia usually get top US level car, with minor changed. For instance the one we are supposedly getting is very close to the performance model, (as well as Proto)so sounds like you guys in Canada ….so the question is why skimp on the screen, when the interior technology update is one of Nissans selling points, and one of the reasons for a new model (370z interior is outdated now)
It makes little sense
Good luck with that query, I suspect that the honest answer is too proprietary to be made public, pricing strategies and buildout choices are based on confidential costing and sales/marketing research.

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
@jezzza You said you just found this information digging. Is there a specific source that gave this to you? I work for a dealership in the US and sense your post went live I have been digging like a fiend trying to conform the information you posted. I haven't heard back from my Nissan rep yet, I am just trying to determine the validity of this information. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z on order
Occupation
Machinist
I just got a call from my dealer here in Canada. He says they've released the pricing guide today, and he's going to email it to me. Every dealership only gets 1 order initially, and since I put money down shortly after they announced the new Z last year, I'm first in line to order :)

Today is a good day.

Edit: Just got the ordering guide emailed to me. It's the same as this one.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
happy that we finally have a number. now do we know if this is the dry weight or curb weight?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On the spec sheet it lists Seiran and Ikazuchi as "TBC" paints instead of solid, metallic, pearl, etc. I looked up what this means but don't think that it's the answer I'm looking for. Does anyone know?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
On the spec sheet it lists Seiran and Ikazuchi as "TBC" paints instead of solid, metallic, pearl, etc. I looked up what this means but don't think that it's the answer I'm looking for. Does anyone know?
I am not going to pretend I'm an auto manufacturing expert, but TBC in any other sense would translate to "To Be Confirmed". Also interesting that those are the two colors that were revealed first, so kind of surprised it hasn't been solidified yet? Or maybe they were gauging consumer reaction via Auto Show, etc.? I wasn't asked what I thought about it, however, so don't know if it's worth putting too many eggs in that basket.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am not going to pretend I'm an auto manufacturing expert, but TBC in any other sense would translate to "To Be Confirmed". Also interesting that those are the two colors that were revealed first, so kind of surprised it hasn't been solidified yet? Or maybe they were gauging consumer reaction via Auto Show, etc.? I wasn't asked what I thought about it, however, so don't know if it's worth putting too many eggs in that basket.
Got ya, I wasn't thinking about TBC meaning that since the are using TBD elsewhere. Maybe those 2 paints are just so beautiful that they don't even know how to classify them yet? ?