First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking
Nissan Z Could Be Getting a Nose Job, at Least In Japan
ype-1674229883.jpg?crop=0.835xw:0.893xh;0.0867xw,0.jpg

The Nissan Z could be getting a nose job, at least the Japanese version. The automaker first teased a new split-grille design on a custom Fairlady Z prototype that was shown at the 2022 Tokyo auto salon, and a report yesterday by Japanese Nostalgic Car claims the alternate front-end treatment is set to become a dealer-installed option in Japan sometime in the middle of this year.

Depending on your opinion of the Z's regular nose, this could be great news. At the very least, we think it gives the Z's face more defined features compared with the current car's gaping front orifice. However, it might not matter what we Americans think, as the split-grille option could be reserved for the Japanese market.

When asked to confirm the report that the alternative grille would enter production in Japan, a spokesperson from Nissan's North American team said the company has yet to announce anything. Technically, that leaves the door open for the U.S. version of the Z to receive a new nose, but we'll just have to wait and see.

For Americans who aren't satisfied with the Z's standard grille—or those who find its performance lacking—all hope isn't lost. Our spy photos of a track-focused Nismo prototype not only appear to promise a sharper-handling model, but also one with some cosmetic surgery up front.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42590886/nissan-z-new-split-grille-option-japan/

SilverStar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Subaru BRZ
I see a ton of news articles about Japan getting the bumper as an option, yet the only source is some has-been blog based in the US that now looks incredibly sketchy. While I think it's a given that there will be special editions with different faces, I think it's unlikely that an American blog has the scoop on the JDM market, or that the actual prototype nose will go into production rather than just a derivative.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
if we do get that grill in the usa, it will probably be on the nismo.

were used to seeing it now, but that grill design is still a topic for the casual car enthusiast

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Just when I got used to, and accepted the Big Rectangular Box . . .

You go an put this busy sliced up Grill on there . . .

Save it for the INFINTI branded Electric Q60

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I’m good with the stock grill. I am looking forward to seeing the NISMO grill because it looks like it could be more of the classic g-nose.