Status
Not open for further replies.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I really couldn’t give a rats…I’m not taking it to the track
So as long as it has breaks that work and they look nice, I’m ok with it …my guess is that 99% of these will never see the track
Eh braking performance is more important than go fast performance. But to each their own.

OP
OP

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Spencello that's means your getting a Z , what color

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
Spencello that's means your getting a Z , what color
I'm ready for the pre-order! Luckily the sales manager remembered me when I came in too. I have a soft spot for the yellow and blue, but white is looking to be a runner up.i want to see all of the colors. I have a feeling blue on blue will be it.

400GOZ

First Name
GOZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 FG XR6T
It's all in the offical spec sheet.

No Brembos, both trims get Akebonos.

Sport:
Fixed 2-piston front (320mm), single piston rear (307mm) / cast iron.

Performance:
Floating 4-piston front (355mm), 2- piston rear (350mm) / aluminum.
As I posted that, I went into the "Suspension, Chassis, Brakes" section and realised the "Performance" would be receiving Akebonos.
In Australia, we are getting two trims "Proto" and "Performance" what will the Proto run? 6 pot Akebonos or Brembos?

Thanks for the response. That's interesting about the floating and fixed calipers... but It still doesn't make sense to me why Nissan would use a floating system in a sports car.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
As I posted that, I went into the "Suspension, Chassis, Brakes" section and realised the "Performance" would be receiving Akebonos.
In Australia, we are getting two trims "Proto" and "Performance" what will the Proto run? 6 pot Akebonos or Brembos?

Thanks for the response. That's interesting about the floating and fixed calipers... but It still doesn't make sense to me why Nissan would use a floating system in a sports car.
None of the current trims are getting brembos

400GOZ

First Name
GOZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 FG XR6T
I really couldn’t give a rats…I’m not taking it to the track
So as long as it has breaks that work and they look nice, I’m ok with it …my guess is that 99% of these will never see the track
I don't know how you plan to drive this car, but I'm going to use the car for its intended purpose... not to drive it to work and the grocery store.

You don't need to see the track to use a sports car? there are plenty of mountain roads that have great speed limits.

99% of users are buying a 3.0L Twin-turbo, 400hp, manual to drive around the city at 40mph?

braking quality is important especially on a 400hp car.

I'm fine with 4 pots, I just don't want Nissan cheaping out on the calipers

As one of the other users mentioned, you can't win them all,
but a quality 4 pot setup isn't asking for too much in 2022.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
These are all Akebonos which I'll keep a close eye on, might upgrade right away, still don't trust them as much as other proven track setups.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don't know how you plan to drive this car, but I'm going to use the car for its intended purpose... not to drive it to work and the grocery store.

You don't need to see the track to use a sports car? there are plenty of mountain roads that have great speed limits.

99% of users are buying a 3.0L Twin-turbo, 400hp, manual to drive around the city at 40mph?

braking quality is important especially on a 400hp car.

I'm fine with 4 pots, I just don't want Nissan cheaping out on the calipers

As one of the other users mentioned, you can't win them all,
but a quality 4 pot setup isn't asking for too much in 2022.
The breaks they have listed will be fine for everything you have said you want to use the car for.
That’s my point…there is a thread about posting pictures at the track. I believe there are only 3 maybe 4 posters on that thread….which again proves my point.

Those taking the car to the track will upgrade, but they are truly a small minority, so when trying to build a bad ass sports car on a budget, it’s one way Nissan can

All the extras cost money which is why I’m not buying the Lotus or a Porsche . I can’t afford either

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
stopped by dealer to pick up the brochure. sales manager was out so i didn't get to talk to him.

i picked up couple extra brochures if someone wants one

Status
Not open for further replies.