West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They need to add a +1 to my dealer and gimme my preorder 😂 damn near one year now exactly for when I placed my initial deposit, another week or so until the order itself has been in the system for the 12 months. Shits gotta be coming soon haha
Call me when you’ve been waiting two years…my two year anniversary for my order is only 2 months away 😕

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I got a call from my salesman at Nissan of Athens (GA) last night. They have a yellow performance automatic inbound. They're trying to pre-sell it before it arrives which is why he is calling me. He doesn't know pricing, but says it is 'likely' ADM will be added. If anyone is interested, message me and I send you his info.

I do want yellow (or black), but only with the manual.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Just gotta vent for a second. Managed to find two Z Sports with manual transmissions in Cali, called both dealerships and one wants $16,000 over retail and one wants $20,000 over. This is madness.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Just gotta vent for a second. Managed to find two Z Sports with manual transmissions in Cali, called both dealerships and one wants $16,000 over retail and one wants $20,000 over. This is madness.
Just follow the logic of my dealership yesterday. You should be thanking them for not asking $25k or $35k over. Seriously 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
im having the opposite problem of getting these outrageous quotes. Instead of looking all over Ive got 2 dealerships that will both do MSRP due to an existing relationship but neither have an allocation or any hint of one incoming. one is a smaller independently owned dealer so im not as surprised on that one as much but the other is part of a large chain in my area no movement toward allocations and even if they get one they would have to fill out and submit a request form to try to get my trim/color

the reason I havent been blind calling around is back in mid december I had a guy contact me who had a list of where all 271 in transit Zs were headed through the month of January. so I knew where they all would be but out of the list only 27 matched what i was looking for a performance 9AT black with either black or red accent interior. none were in state and only 1 in a direct surrounding state which was marked way up. i have no option but to wait on my dealer contacts to get an allocation and then hope they can successfully request the correct car from whats incoming in the region

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Only a fool would pay over MSRP for a new car.In one year that car depreciates 20% and then add the mark up on top of that and you have a depreciation of anywhere from 40to 50% based on alot of the mark ups.Add to that any possbilty of having an accident and totalling the car,scary to think about that.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
A ton of dealers/ people have been posting z’s on facebook but they are all auto with mark ups ofc. I wonder if they are holding the manuals for the tranny replacement? Seems to me they haven’t produced new ones with the tranny replacement as of yet

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
A ton of dealers/ people have been posting z’s on facebook but they are all auto with mark ups ofc. I wonder if they are holding the manuals for the tranny replacement? Seems to me they haven’t produced new ones with the tranny replacement as of yet
Basically it, yes! It looks like those who purchased manuals, for the most part, had to return them for transmission replacements.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I've been involved in the car bidness from the dealer to banking for almost thirty years.

This is the worst product presentation (370 with old engine and body kit) and rollout (YouTuber idiots, tranny and body design/paint issues) I've ever seen. From any manufacturer.

This is in the class of the Chevrolet Vega and Pontiac Fiero.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
When does MY24 production start? Lol There’s no hope for MY23.
Good point. How are these Feb/Mar 2022 production dates being pawned off as "2023"??

I see people taking delivery of these Z's, made in very early 2022, receiving them 10-12 months later in 2023....aren't those Z's 2022s??

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Good point. How are these Feb/Mar 2022 production dates being pawned off as "2023"??

I see people taking delivery of these Z's, made in very early 2022, receiving them 10-12 months later in 2023....aren't those Z's 2022s??
Manufacturer model year and calendar year can be a bit out of whack. You can have short model years or even ones that are stretched and bleed Into others. Nissan is especially a bit wonky with this. I've been through this in the GTR community. For example The GTR recently had a 2021 and an under the radar 2021.5 model year( you could only tell form a vin change) no 2022 model at all and then a short 2023 carry over model year where those cars are just now showing up at dealers. And now currently the refreshed 2024 scheduled to arrive in the spring of this year. Try to wrap your head around all of that

So those old almost year old built Zs that have sat are 2023 just like the ones that are on ships as we speak. It will be 2023 until Nissan decides it's not. I would assume we wouldn't see that for a few more months. Remember the 23s were supposed to be on sale last spring. They got a handful of Protos out late summer to basically be able to say the car is released via a press release.

So we are coming up on a year after the initial release was planned for and in most customers eyes we haven't even had a full model year yet. It does in a way feel like 2023 model is a lost cause for most and it makes sense some are already writing them off and looking forward to the 24 at this point.

It could really go 2 different ways we could get an announcement of a 2024 and have it start this spring a year after it was initially planned or we could have the 23 run all the way into summer time frame and start the 24s around when we saw the Protos last year. It depends I guess on when the production cut off date is in Japan.

I think it will be the latter just based on the initial allocation letter i obtained( and apparently got a bit in trouble for posting) said every dealer would get 1 2023 Z during the initial launch period and we are a hell of a long way from that being a reality. If that is still in place we got a ways to go. If they have deviated from that because of all the delays and issues then I guess they could move on to 24 sooner

Last edited: