bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Manual Supras are already on sale???

Turned one down here in VA. I am #1 on list for final version. Holding out for that. But the first ones showed up here in Mid Atlantic in Oct.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Seeing as how much wheelspin the LSD equipped Performance Z has, it'd be interesting up against an open diff Sport Z.
Wouldn't it be funny if the Sport actually performed better?
Doubt the Sport will have any chance. Still, Nissan's LSD is not one of the best out there (Quaife, OS Giken) not surprised it performed so-so. Tell tale on straight line drags, but on circuits it'll be more obvious.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Doubt the Sport will have any chance. Still, Nissan's LSD is not one of the best out there (Quaife, OS Giken) not surprised it performed so-so. Tell tale on straight line drags, but on circuits it'll be more obvious.
Oh, you're thinking that the Z Performance trim would be notably quicker in a stoplight race compared to the Z Sport?

Totally possible, but I'd put more of that on the factory tires than even the LSD, assuming both are operating in near-ideal conditions. Just like Motor Trend speculated back in 2017 (re the 370Z base model v the 370Z Sport), I imagine that a Z Sport trim wearing Pilot Super Sports could keep pace (or maybe outperform) a Z Performance trim using the same transmission. In a straight line and on dry level asphalt, that is.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I should've been more clear. I meant in a drag race. I don't think the Performance version would be the clear winner against a Sport, although I agree that on a track the Sport would probably struggle coming out of corners.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I should've been more clear. I meant in a drag race. I don't think the Performance version would be the clear winner against a Sport, although I agree that on a track the Sport would probably struggle coming out of corners.
Yeah, I agree. I think it would be close and possibly even come down to each specific launch instance.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I have seen some at $10k or over
I have seen up to +$50k but never heard of anyone paying that much, or I should say, won't admit to paying that much over. 3-5k seems the norm, if you believe what people post on the internet.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Regarding the markups, I think everyone is forgetting the fact that one has been on the market for 3 yrs now and the other is just barely starting to show up. There were LE J29s as high as $200k. Many of them were listed on Autotrader at $70k-$80k. When it comes to markups some lose and others win. That's why I think it's best to just go by MSRP.