DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I was leaning towards the Supra BIG TIME, but this has started me to question my thinking. If what Houston says plays out, I'm all over this baby. Is visibility still as poor as the 370Z?
Have you sat in a Supra yet? Forward visibility is appreciably worse than the 370's. It's horrible.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Idk if this video was taken down or not, but some screen shots of the underside of the Proto that we taken awhile back.

screenshot_z_01.jpg

screenshot_z_02.jpg

screenshot_z_03.jpg

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Evo 8 RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Occupation
ML engineer
That sure does look familiar, doesn't it?

Here is the rear suspension from a Z34 Nismo

s-l400.jpg
Further confirmation that the new Z is borrowing a lot from it's predecessor.

I do have a feeling that the 35K price is about as real as finding a RTX 3080 for MSRP. With destination fees im expecting a 6-10k markup at dealerships.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Buzzkill if you are right about markups youra6. I was starting to get really excited about it and considering waiting and not getting the Scat Pack this Spring. No way I'm paying over MSRP for a car though and usually wait until I can get one with rebates or at least around invoice price with low financing rates. But IDK, the Supra has some rebates now and the Mach 1 was expected to have ADM's, but most people have been getting them at MSRP and a few have managed to order them at a slight discount already. Granted both of those were priced a little high from the start IMO.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Further confirmation that the new Z is borrowing a lot from it's predecessor.

I do have a feeling that the 35K price is about as real as finding a RTX 3080 for MSRP. With destination fees im expecting a 6-10k markup at dealerships.
I bought the cheapest new 10 speed 5.0 in the country last January for $28,750... Sticker is $35k or so. At the same time 370Zs we're going for under msrp anywhere from $27-29k. I happen to sell Nissans too.

I've seen 3.0 Supras priced as low as $48-50k over the past few weeks. If someone wants to be one of the first to own the new Z then that's okay. To each their own, but these cars will be going for under sticker months after the release. C8 Corvettes are priced as low as $60k. Hellcats as low as $50-53k. The new Z will be no different.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Evo 8 RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Occupation
ML engineer
I bought the cheapest new 10 speed 5.0 in the country last January for $28,750... Sticker is $35k or so. At the same time 370Zs we're going for under msrp anywhere from $27-29k. I happen to sell Nissans too.

I've seen 3.0 Supras priced as low as $48-50k over the past few weeks. If someone wants to be one of the first to own the new Z then that's okay. To each their own, but these cars will be going for under sticker months after the release. C8 Corvettes are priced as low as $60k. Hellcats as low as $50-53k. The new Z will be no different.
Nobody wants a brand new 370z . It's a really old platform that is about to be even more obsolete in 2021 (New STI, RX9, Golf R all coming out in the next year). Not surprised you can find one under sticker.

As the country opens back up, the demand for cars in general will spike. You say you sell Nissans but you're not factoring in how much this Z will be in demand when it releases. It won't be at Type R levels, but I'm almost certain you won't find any dealerships trying to offload the brand new Z for anything close to MSRP.

I'm be glad to be wrong though :)

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Nobody wants a brand new 370z . It's a really old platform that is about to be even more obsolete in 2021 (New STI, RX9, Golf R all coming out in the next year). Not surprised you can find one under sticker.

As the country opens back up, the demand for cars in general will spike. You say you sell Nissans but you're not factoring in how much this Z will be in demand when it releases. It won't be at Type R levels, but I'm almost certain you won't find any dealerships trying to offload the brand new Z for anything close to MSRP.

That's the thing with Nissan though; Due to the recent scandals and cash flow problems, they cannot seem to get their base revenue streams back up, nevermind competing with any of the other manufacturers (Honda, Toyota, Kia/Hyundai, Ford). And even before that, Nissan has been the underdog, especially after the brz/frs came into the picture. Subaru has the partnership with Toyota allowing them to focus on the STI (even that's getting old, and they just keep releasing special editions each year), VW...is a whole other beast.

As long as Nissan pulls through with all the hype of the new Z, and the other updates to the lineup, they'll have a fighting chance in hopefully gaining some traction back.

And in terms of demand, no matter how much the new Z will be, because it's been teased so much and highly anticipated, many dealers will 100% mark them up. Annoying thing will be trying to purchase an advertised MSRP car from an out of state dealer who will bait and switch you (say there is no markup, and then slap on the markup and "dealer required accessories BS"). ...dam I want the new Z lol

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1

That goes for any new sports car platform. You can always build one and have it close to or even under msrp if you know how to buy cars.

Like I said I'd rather wait a few months and save thousands than to be one of the first in my area. I've come across several 2021 3.0 Supras $4000 or so less than msrp a few of which we're under $50k.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
The most money I've made on car deals are off of the people that just gotta have it then and there or as soon as the new design is released. We'll low ball you on your trade or close you at a high payment on top of the mark up lol.

I suggest seeing how reliable it is after a few hundred miles. Right now there are 500+ new 3.0 Supras sitting on lots. Now is the time to get one and overall have less debt. Buy cars at the right time not as soon as it's released or for clout because a salesman like me will rip your head off $$.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
Well the good news is the VR30 has been long enough to know the apparent issues. Although I hope that with this new Z they fix the basic stuff that the aftermarket does such as the heat exchanger.

Which honestly makes me think, if I REALLY wanted to try and dig for some sort of technical information AMS maybe, just maybe has a little information on the VR30 that's possibly in the new Z.

Carfr33k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Armada