Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
QX60 that was unveiled today has the MB 9 speed in it.

They also pulled a "Z35" and it uses the same chassis as the previous model but with better interior and facias.....I wonder if they will do the same with the Q50 and Q60?

August 17th will be interesting.
Actually the QX60 has a ZF 9HP50 automatic transmission (shared with the all-new Pathfinder).

Thanks.

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
was the QX60 pricing revealed? just wondering because if not I wonder if the Z will reveal in August without a price

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
was the QX60 pricing revealed? just wondering because if not I wonder if the Z will reveal in August without a price
Nope.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/luxury/a36807835/infiniti-qx60-strives-to-stand-out-in-a-crowd/

"The QX60 will arrive in showrooms in late-2021. Pricing and trim levels and what they offer will be revealed next month, but consider that today’s QX60 stickers from the mid- to upper 40s, putting it in line with three-row competitors like the Genesis GV70 and GV80, Acura MDX, Lexus RX and Lincoln Aviator, all of which are striving to out-feature each other, too. Sales across the board were off last year, creating a tremendous demand for cars, trucks and crossovers that will probably still be going when the new Q comes out toward the end of this year. So it has that going for it, along with all the technology listed above."

However, tempted to play devils advocate here and think they wouldn't do this with the Z - have to imagine the anticipation, etc. is much higher/stronger and that's a huuuuuge factor on a lot of folks minds.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
They also pulled a "Z35" and it uses the same chassis as the previous model but with better interior and facias.....I wonder if they will do the same with the Q50 and Q60?

August 17th will be interesting.
My wife recently went from the 2018 Rogue to the 2021 Rogue. There's a big improvement in interior quality in the 2021 ( in addition to engine power, handling, and interior noise). I'm hoping that similar improvements make it into the new Z35 as well.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
Don't get the two entirely different and unrelated 9-speeds mixed up. One is for transverse engine cars, FWD or AWD (aka QX60), and the other is for inline engine cars and trucks (akz Z). So you can't compare the new QX60 or Rogue with the Z at all.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
There are many trying to artificially make names for themselves spreading "what they've heard" - no grain of salt required.
How is he trying to make a name for himself? Its not like he posted leaked pics of the Z and Supra from a personal IG or twitter account like we have seen. He just shared info he got to this forum without any links to any social media account.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Don't get the two entirely different and unrelated 9-speeds mixed up. One is for transverse engine cars, FWD or AWD (aka QX60), and the other is for inline engine cars and trucks (akz Z). So you can't compare the new QX60 or Rogue with the Z at all.
The QX60/Pathfinder 9 Speed is a ZF trans. The Titan/Frontier/Z 9 Speed is a Jatco unit.

The Rogue is still a Jatco CVT.

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
Interesting news, and if the base Z35 can really be purchased at $35K, it'll be a revelation!