Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I've noticed you've dispelled where it's wrong.

You've said nothing about the badge.
You've said nothing about the brakes.

Problem is this thread is fairly broad....

Nissan is a creature of habit, I don't think the packages are off.

Is it about green pieces of paper?
Is it about horses?
Is it about paint?
Actually…all of it. Official announcements will be coming soon. Please don’t buy into this Houston guy’s “facts.” Much more to tell in the coming months.
Green fabric
Equus virtute
Acrylic enamel

All of it.

Though, I do think Dan gave us something! Check out the name of his Car(s): ;)

The fact that Dan has been so adamant about dispelling you Houston, and telling you that your source is wrong, might make you think twice about everything you been told (or, frankly, that you may have inferred).

Side note: The veiled threats other people are making to take their business elsewhere if Dan doesn't share something immediately/soon are pretty lame. He won't say it, I'm sure, but I will. It's almost petulant at this point. I'm sure some people might just be venting about the lack of information and that they have other pressures that won't allow them to get a Z, but perception is reality. It's especially transparent when it's juxtaposed to some iteration of 'I wish Dan would share something with us because..'

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Green fabric
Equus virtute
Acrylic enamel

All of it.

The fact that Dan has been so adamant about dispelling you Houston, and telling you that your source is wrong, might make you think twice about everything you been told (or, frankly, that you may have inferred).

Side note: The veiled threats other people are making to take their business elsewhere if Dan doesn't share something immediately/soon are pretty lame. He won't say it, I'm sure, but I will. It's almost petulant at this point. I'm sure some people might just be venting about the lack of information and that they have other pressures that won't allow them to get a Z, but perception is reality. It's especially transparent when it's juxtaposed to some iteration of 'I wish Dan would share something with us because..'
In my case it’s not a threat...it’s a real need for a car as my eldest is getting his license..we need another car, the aim was for him to buy mine and for me to buy a new car...not a threat, it’s a need

I want the Z for sure...but I need a car...perhaps don’t judge people so quickly

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Green fabric
Equus virtute
Acrylic enamel

All of it.

Pssssssssst......I think you have a lil' hair stuck in your teeth there buddy.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
look Dan is legit and is it possible he's deflecting to hold on the mystique longer before he can reveal actual info? possibly.

should you go and tryin and burn him at the stake for saying your source is wrong? no.

in his position, i totally understand and know the game. i do also believe that he will give us the info when it is deemed ok to be released.

also, i'm with @West Aussie is it gonna be in showrooms this year or next @Dan_Passe ? lol :cool:

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
look Dan is legit and is it possible he's deflecting to hold on the mystique longer before he can reveal actual info? possibly.

should you go and tryin and burn him at the stake for saying your source is wrong? no.

in his position, i totally understand and know the game. i do also believe that he will give us the info when it is deemed ok to be released.

also, i'm with @West Aussie is it gonna be in showrooms this year or next @Dan_Passe ? lol :cool:
Burn Dan at the stake?! No, not at all.

If anything I'm going off of hearsay from folks close to me and don't care about sports cars at all - but they know I love Z's so they passed info on they stumbled upon and a lot of it makes sense IMO

Dan actually knows what's going on - his word outweighs mine all day, every day.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Burn Dan at the stake?! No, not at all.

If anything I'm going off of hearsay from folks close to me and don't care about sports cars at all - but they know I love Z's so they passed info on they stumbled upon and a lot of it makes sense IMO

Dan actually knows what's going on - his word outweighs mine all day, every day.
i said that more in general in case others come around questioning him in the future.

my one hope is the GTR brakes actually hit the production nismo model. i know how well they stop my 4000lb GTR so on a 3200-3500lb Z they may break a neck when stopping lol also, Monterrey blue makes it back in the paint rotation i'd be pleased especially with the blue interior option we saw.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
The veiled threats other people are making to take their business elsewhere if Dan doesn't share something immediately/soon are pretty lame.
Oh buddy you haven't even seen threatening... this is just people disappointed. You know what's really "pretty lame" releasing a "prototype" that you say will be close to the "production vehicle" and then not saying diddly-squat for almost a whole year. I mean at this point we know the same amount as we did at the reveal and that's nothing. Twin turbo and a manual oh whoopty do! This is some bad PR anyway you slice it.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Oh buddy you haven't even seen threatening... this is just people disappointed. You know what's really "pretty lame" releasing a "prototype" that you say will be close to the "production vehicle" and then not saying diddly-squat for almost a whole year. I mean at this point we know the same amount as we did at the reveal and that's nothing. Twin turbo and a manual oh whoopty do! This is some bad PR anyway you slice it.
I wouldn't go THAT far.....they could have Toyota'd (Supra) or Acura'd (NSX) us.

They are doing the right thing and I strongly believe we'll get the "official" reveal soon, like this Summer soon.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
For me I'm waiting patiently since I've been thru this before when I ordered my GT4. IMO Nissan will launch the Z with flying colors . Remember we are the lucky ones that didn't succumb to COVID ! The wait will be worth it

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
W/e man I said what I thought. Some of these posts have been petulant and seeing people trying to emotionally manipulate him into sharing information activates the disgust part of my brain as a man. That being said, I'm a Marine, so I'm probably a little more judgmental than most in that respect.

I think we both know that the ad hominem attack was a little childish and that you're better than that.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I wouldn't go THAT far.....they could have Toyota'd (Supra) or Acura'd (NSX) us.

They are doing the right thing and I strongly believe we'll get the "official" reveal soon, like this Summer soon.
Could have? They still can... but I'm hopeful too. All I really wanted to say is that I honestly don't think anyone has been disrespectful, threatened, or even emotionally manipulated Dan I mean... C'mon now are we really so fragile?

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Could have? They still can... but I'm hopeful too. All I really wanted to say is that I honestly don't think anyone has been disrespectful, threatened, or even (tried to) emotionally manipulated Dan I mean... C'mon now are we really so fragile?
I agree in that I haven't seen anyone be flat out disrespectful. Also I never said anyone threatened him as a person, just that they made veiled threats to take their business elsewhere. It's an important distinction. Have people been appealing to his emotions? I think it's clear as day, but if you can't see it that's alright.

Anyway, I think I'll drop it here. I said my piece and I've obviously ruffled a few feathers. Hopefully the behavior will stop because people are more mindful of it but if it continues I could give a shit less at this point.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
W/e man I said what I thought. Some of these posts have been petulant and seeing people trying to emotionally manipulate him into sharing information activates the disgust part of my brain as a man. That being said, I'm a Marine, so I'm probably a little more judgmental than most in that respect.

I think we both know that the ad hominem attack was a little childish and that you're better than that.
Fair enough

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I agree in that I haven't seen anyone be flat out disrespectful. Also I never said anyone threatened him as a person, just that they made veiled threats to take their business elsewhere. It's an important distinction. Have people been appealing to his emotions? I think it's clear as day, but if you can't see it that's alright.

Anyway, I think I'll drop it here. I said my piece and I've obviously ruffled a few feathers. Hopefully the behavior will stop because people are more mindful of it but if it continues I could give a shit less at this point.
No...because I still need a car...as I said mine wasn’t a threat, I have a son getting his license, thus I need a new car....can’t keep him waiting forever just because I want a particular one.

Don’t tar everyone with the same brush

Last edited: