Occupation
CIO

nisslover

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Sedan 6-spd
I was thinking that was the case.

Side note: What is JATCO actually developing? In what ways are they innovating? Seem to be pretty stagnant... with the reputation of their CVTs and the future being more focused on EVs that don’t need transmissions. With Nissan going with the ZF 9-speed for the Pathfinder and QX60... I wonder if Nissan plans to sell them off at some point...

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Check out the exhaust tips, they look exactly like the Infiniti Q60 red sport ones, further evidence this will have that engine?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Check out the exhaust tips, they look exactly like the Infiniti Q60 red sport ones, further evidence this will have that engine?
There was a video of a few Japanese car journalists that did an upclose inspection of the car while it was at the Nissan paddock place in Japan(they looked underneath the rear, looked in the grille, measured the wheel base, looked at the suspension) and it had a lot of the same parts of the current 370Z. The exhaust was basically the same as the 370z with the tips from the Q60. The suspension appeared to be exactly the same as well. The wheel base is exactly the same as the 370Z. Inside the grille you could see the same exact intercooler that the Q60 RS400 has. The video was here but it got taken down/put on private (I wonder why:rolleyes:).

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Anyone know if the 370's widely-disparaged viscous LSD will be carried over? If there ever was an argument for mercy killing...

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
There was a video of a few Japanese car journalists that did an upclose inspection of the car while it was at the Nissan paddock place in Japan(they looked underneath the rear, looked in the grille, measured the wheel base, looked at the suspension) and it had a lot of the same parts of the current 370Z. The exhaust was basically the same as the 370z with the tips from the Q60. The suspension appeared to be exactly the same as well. The wheel base is exactly the same as the 370Z. Inside the grille you could see the same exact intercooler that the Q60 RS400 has. The video was here but it got taken down/put on private (I wonder why:rolleyes:).
You can still watch it by going through web.archive.org

https://web.archive.org/web/2020100...w.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6IeFC3Rz0&gl=US&hl=en

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

ZforSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z
I was leaning towards the Supra BIG TIME, but this has started me to question my thinking. If what Houston says plays out, I'm all over this baby. Is visibility still as poor as the 370Z? :p But I guess who's looking behind themselves when driving this baby.

When is this scheduled for release anyway? I've heard a mix of 2022, and even as early as late 2021....can Nissan get this thing off the ground that quick?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Agree, a lot of it does seem to correlate with what we have seen on the forum.

Small price increase - check
Based on 370z - check
Just "Nissan Z" - check
VR30 - check
3252lbs - check

"Gunning for Supra" - check

Z Proto
Length 172.5 inches
Width 72.8 inches
Height 51.6 inches
Wheelbase ??? (370z @ 100.4 inches)

Supra
Length 172.5 in.
Width 73.0 in.
Height 50.9 in.
Wheelbase 97.2 in.
The wheelbase is exactly the same and this has been confirmed by the gentlemen in the video above, measuring the wheelbase. They actually got scolded by one of the Nissan representatives in the video.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
A lot of what @Houston.Z35 has said makes sense. the specs and pricing etc. however, i too dont buy it since that uses the same spec scheme from the 370Z originally before nissan completely ruined them. originally the 370 had base, sport, touring, sport touring, and nismo. the new rumored models seem suspiciously a copy of the with base, S, T, and ST. that part is what leads me to believe it's made up by someone.

however, anything and everything said at the moment is as you stated, pure speculation.......unless he has a source. i mean i had my sources years ago when i got info on the VR30 well before it was even mentioned in most circles.

Chris, if you do speak with Nissan please pass this along for me: GIVE US SOME DETAILS ALREADY!

they are seriously failing with this cars launch, well whenever that may possibly happen. they gave us an awful proto release last year that was barely watchable. they have given 0 official info since that event. if they plan on making money with car they really should start marketing it. at the moment it's only our very small Z community who even cares at this point.

they still have yet to actually even confirm that it uses the VR30 engine. we all have known that was the engine since it was put in the Q lol i mean yes, they said its a V6 TT but they never said which one. they still have it on their website as just the Z proto. it's almost embarrassing that they throw that event with all the pageantry then crickets.

Even with a signed NDA, there's ways you can say things to be an upstanding member of the Z community and let us in on things if they actually told you any real info.
Fair enough, I buy it because that's what the Fairlady Z has ran with since the Z33.

Version S, Version T, Version ST, Version Nismo.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
There were many trim levels on the 350z.
Base, Enthusiast, Track, Touring, Grand Touring and Nismo.
These trim levels were different based on the year.
For example, 2007 and 2008 did not get the Track trim because Nismo.

Touring and up gets powered, heated leather seats, steering wheel controls and Bose.
Grand Touring and up got Brembos.

RussHanneman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes C300
can you just be quiet. would like to continue to hear what Houston.Z35 has to say. I for one am taking his word for it. You on the other hand haven't provided anything useful
Nissan's confirmed that (wouldn't be the name) by not having ever used the name. "400z" was produced by junk-source media outlet then perpetuated by folks not caring to pay attention to naming conventions.

There are many trying to artificially make names for themselves spreading "what they've heard" - no grain of salt required.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I don't know why people are taking what ZCCA said as "hostile" I think he was just trying to say that literally everything Houston.Z35 is saying is based off of what his family that works in the industry is saying. Which is like being 12 again and saying my dad works at Microsoft on Xbox live. I appreciate all the speculative info but that's what is, speculative until nissan says anything. And now when you type in 400z every new article you see is about this post.