2021 Acura TLX Type S Arrives at Dealerships Tomorrow; New Video Highlights Development of Type S Turbo V6

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
I was watching it since it was announced.
Disappointed by the 355hp and 4,200lbs of weight.
Now, I wait for the new Z.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
That actually doesn't look bad at all for a sedan (esp. in that gold color). Too bad they don't make a coupe version.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Decent sized sedan with small back seat space...

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yea, its not a bad daily sporty sedan for less price then the German Trio (S4, M340I, C43). Only downside is, its slower then all..Seeing as how the M340I is the fastest, then C43, S4. But it's good that Acura is going back to its original hits and combining it with the new tech (like the Z).

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
To my mid-40s former Honda fan boy, the TLX-S is a letdown.

I very clearly remember theG1 Legend coupe with it's soft-closing doors and seat-belt hander. I remember the G2 Legend GS Type II (with 6MT) could swing with the V8 German sedans.

I also, very clearly, remember my mom's friend stopping by to show us her then-new Hyundai Excel. At that moment, the disparity between Acura and Korean cars was MASSIVE. The lowest Acura was the Integra, and that thing was light-years ahead of any Hyundai sold in USA.

Now, here we are in 21st Century, Korean cars exist in the same class/pricing of the Acura and totally dominate it. I can't imagine who at Acura let the performance fail so badly? And to fool us with comparo to the Audi S4?? Why is the car so heavy? Why saddled with a single turbo? Is the 10AT or SH system not able to handle an even 400HP and 400TQ? Scatter parts everywhere? We'll see what tuners find hidden, the truth will be exposed soon (maybe it'll hold up to aggressive tuning? but why would Honda nerf the car so badly??)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
To my mid-40s former Honda fan boy, the TLX-S is a letdown.

I very clearly remember theG1 Legend coupe with it's soft-closing doors and seat-belt hander. I remember the G2 Legend GS Type II (with 6MT) could swing with the V8 German sedans.

I also, very clearly, remember my mom's friend stopping by to show us her then-new Hyundai Excel. At that moment, the disparity between Acura and Korean cars was MASSIVE. The lowest Acura was the Integra, and that thing was light-years ahead of any Hyundai sold in USA.

Now, here we are in 21st Century, Korean cars exist in the same class/pricing of the Acura and totally dominate it. I can't imagine who at Acura let the performance fail so badly? And to fool us with comparo to the Audi S4?? Why is the car so heavy? Why saddled with a single turbo? Is the 10AT or SH system not able to handle an even 400HP and 400TQ? Scatter parts everywhere? We'll see what tuners find hidden, the truth will be exposed soon (maybe it'll hold up to aggressive tuning? but why would Honda nerf the car so badly??)
i didn't pay any attention to kia or hyundai ,but recall discussions over the last few years on other car forums where guys talked about how much better the styling is and how the korean cars were advancing in technology. now if they can just figure out a way to keep their cars from catching fire or exploding...