1st Gen Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) - I bought one! 😁

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ Aside from that atrocious bumper set, which wasn't Nissan's fault, that car is gorgeous. IMO the 240-280 Zs are right up there with the Toyota 2000GT, the Jag E type, and early-mid 70s 911s as some of the most beautiful cars ever made.

OP
OP
LeatherWings

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
^ Aside from that atrocious bumper set, which wasn't Nissan's fault, that car is gorgeous. IMO the 240-280 Zs are right up there with the Toyota 2000GT, the Jag E type, and early-mid 70s 911s as some of the most beautiful cars ever made.
This thing is pure sex

1652335770546.png

1652335884448.png

1652335993809.png

1652336029225.png

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
There's been a red one of these sitting on the road outside a house in our suburb for years - its road worthiness, etc. long expired. I would pass it occasionally when walking the dog. Once the Covid lockdowns ended the city council finally got around to slapping a "please remove or be fined" notice on it a few weeks ago.

Earlier this week it was gone and we assumed it had been moved into the garage or disposed of ... but no, the fools had simply moved / towed it into the parking lot of the nearby sports fields. I walked past it with the dog there today. It's now up on blocks with the wheels missing (possibly stolen).

Sheer laziness. :( There are plenty of junk yards that would pay the owner and tow it away for parts and scrap.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
There's been a red one of these sitting on the road outside a house in our suburb for years - its road worthiness, etc. long expired. I would pass it occasionally when walking the dog. Once the Covid lockdowns ended the city council finally got around to slapping a "please remove or be fined" notice on it a few weeks ago.

Earlier this week it was gone and we assumed it had been moved into the garage or disposed of ... but no, the fools had simply moved / towed it into the parking lot of the nearby sports fields. I walked past it with the dog there today. It's now up on blocks with the wheels missing (possibly stolen).

Sheer laziness. :( There are plenty of junk yards that would pay the owner and tow it away for parts and scrap.
Man, depending on its overall condition (i.e. how much it'd take to make road worthy, or at worst a track fiend) I'd offer them some cash and see if they bite. It'd be a fun project and the payoff would be tremendous. The platform is pristine.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Old Miatas are more fun then anyone imagines.
There is something honest about flat pedaling a 3-pedal car. yes, anemic but holding the throttle wide open in corners and out of turns is addictive.

On the track they separate skill levels quickly. You mess up a turn in a Miata you can't make that time up with the throttle.

My ONLY complaint is- even in the advanced groups on the track they get annoying. They are basically moving traffic cones and chicanes! ;)

OP, have fun with that one! Cali is the perfect place. Bomb around town with the top down, run errands and not really worry about parking spots, etc.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Man, depending on its overall condition.
I've never really looked at this particular one. It's been sitting on the road, unmoved for at least four years, so is likely in pretty bad condition. I briefly glimpsed inside when walking past, and it's a mess inside. Being where it is now, it'll quickly be ransacked and destroyed by the boy racers, boozers, and druggies that frequent the sports field parking lot at night.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
That "Road Star" is a classic fun drivers car, enjoy the ride . . .

OP
OP
LeatherWings

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
It's been a while... Absolutely beautiful day in LA today after some major rains that turn all the weirdos crazy. Was running some errands in the NA and took a little detour...