West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Makes sense.
Aus has a huge amount of people with solar panel particularly in WA where I live.
We have them, and a battery, but still don’t want an ev due to long distances between locations here and next to no infrastructure away from the home go handle it.
Plus even if there was, it takes at least 2 hours to even put enough power in to get it to start where as you can fill a car with petrol in 10min

Tech has a long way to go in my opinion, before it’s useful in countries with vast spaces

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Im just gonna take everything with a grain of salt and just wait till nissan presents something. So far dming nissan canada hasn’t been a help but they keep saying early 2022

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
I can believe the May-June timeline.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
So right around summer which was the time I was going to get a new car anyway. Hopefully we can get that chance lol.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah there is a big push from Nissan Australia, although for the life of me I have no idea why.
they have already sold the Protos coming into the country and allocated them.
Stacks of dealers have double digit numbers of the normal model on order ….yet they are still taking more deposits…and when I say they, I mean Nissan Australia not just the dealers.
There doesn’t seem to be any set info coming out, on our Aussie page one guy has been told to expect the first delivery on June 6th, my dealer has just been told third quarter. There is no way that every dealership is going to get 10 cars plus…at least not straight away…so I’m starting to get a little worried.
Im second in line at my dealer…first to want a manual, I put my deposit down in March last year
I feel like it’s one step forward two steps back, it would be great to get some concrete details

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I just got a call from the salesman at my local dealer. They don't have their allocations yet so they don't know what cars they will be receiving, but they were told cars should be hitting the lot sometime in March.

He said obviously that may change, but that's the word the buyer received today.

He is still noncommittal on ADM. The dealership is probably waiting to see the true demand for the car.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I just got a call from the salesman at my local dealer. They don't have their allocations yet so they don't know what cars they will be receiving, but they were told cars should be hitting the lot sometime in March.

He said obviously that may change, but that's the word the buyer received today.

He is still noncommittal on ADM. The dealership is probably waiting to see the true demand for the car.
There just seems to be such variation….for you guys in the last couple of weeks people have written, March, April, Junr and ine…not until the end of the year
it’s the same here in Australia.
Being the end of Jan you would think if it were March you would have more details by now.

Nissan…if you are listening …can you just give us a price and a date you are sending them out. By now you should know cost, you should know your parts stock and how many you can make, the only thing you may not know is how long shipping can take ….but you could say subject to shipping.

people just want to know….and at the moment where I live, it’s the only thing I have to look forward too….please…price and date..surely it’s not too much to ask

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

Funny you heard that—to @West Aussie 's point, I got a text from a saleswoman who I've been in contact with earlier today and she said she was just checking in, "still unsure of availability" but would keep me updated, etc.