Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Good question. The article says the "U.S." release has been delayed, not the "North American" release.

• The 2023 Nissan Z’s arrival date in the United States has been delayed from the spring to the summer of 2022.

Don't want to split hairs but . . . last time I checked Canada was not part of the U.S.A.

We had a pre-order window that the U.S. did not and we, and apparently Australia, are very small markets compared to the U.S. Perhaps Nissan only has enough parts in their supply chain only to satisfy Canadian and Australian orders?
Usually when they don’t get it, we don’t either lol.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I totally get that. But you're implying you're jumping off the Z bus because it's coming out late in the year. By your own admission, you're not driving anything sporty 5 months out of the year unless you're YOLOing a WRX through snow and salt. So why be dramatic about the timing of the release?
I think what the other poster meant, was the delayed summer (likely Aug) release, would effectively mean no Z for summer/fall 2022 driving. Hence maybe jumping off to see what is the situation next spring 2023, because less incentive getting a Z in winter (depending on location).

For my part as a buyer without connections and who won't pay ADM, I always expected 2024 as the earliest to receive a Z. But regardless of year, after summer season I'd have less incentive to jump on a Z, knowing it would spend a lot of time in the garage until spring.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Thank goodness for this delay. Could you imagine a hot new sports car launching in time to enjoy it for a few nice months in summer instead of the traditional drive it home and park it because it's going to snow tomorrow? Surely would be a sign of the world ending soon, or climate change.

Humor or humor to me at least is my coping mechanism. In reality, I'm pretty mad, and my hype for this car is severely diminished as this is taking too long. Nissan can't seem to do something, anything right in regards to this cars journey from unveil to launch. And, well... Their company in general is having a rough time. Makes me worried about the brand. No good news for this company in a long time.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
The Nissan press release states

The new "Fairlady Z" is scheduled to be released in the summer of this year

The release date was originally scheduled for late June, but due to the recent impact of parts supply, it has been changed to this summer. The release schedule may change depending on the parts supply situation.

Summer in the northern hemisphere (Japan and USA) IS 21ST June to 23rd September so was a Spring release and sale date really on the cards, if it was going to be Spring just doesnt seen that there was going to be enough time for any add campaign or motoring reviews to take place.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Nissan press release states

The new "Fairlady Z" is scheduled to be released in the summer of this year

The release date was originally scheduled for late June, but due to the recent impact of parts supply, it has been changed to this summer. The release schedule may change depending on the parts supply situation.

Summer in the northern hemisphere (Japan and USA) IS 21ST June to 23rd September so was a Spring release and sale date really on the cards, if it was going to be Spring just doesnt seen that there was going to be enough time for any add campaign or motoring reviews to take place.
Meaning they were aware of the delays before now?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I made other arrangements. I won't be yo-yoed by theses guys.
Who you going to get yo-yoed by, then?
In my area, I already tried to get a different cool car, Miata, Challenger, Porsche 718. The 718 is completely unavailable, the Miata is a long wait, and the few Challengers that are available have $20k ADM on them

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
In my area, I already tried to get a different cool car, Miata, Challenger, Porsche 718. The 718 is completely unavailable, the Miata is a long wait, and the few Challengers that are available have $20k ADM on them
Quite frankly, there isn't a damned thing on the market that offers a better performance value that isn't a C8.

OP
OP
2017370ZBlack

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
$20K ADM on a Challenger? LMAO

The whiners on here need to get in with reality. The dealer lots here in FL look like they all went out of business since there are barely any vehicles for sale.