*WARNING* If you put money down to "preorder" please read. Nissan confirms NO pre-orders for 2023 Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
As added follow up to the Australian side of things…this is a post I found on a chat thread from a car release article for the Z in Australia.
The response is from a dealer…seems to confirm what my dealer has been telling me, that being inAus all cars go through Nissan Australia, go on an inventory list, and then dealers order from what is on that list

Jon Seats & a steering wheel • 4 days ago
If the pricing is announced and you go “okay that’s fair” then sure put your order in and your selling dealer will likely be given preference to that model/colour combination to secure a car for you.

If the pricing comes out and you think it’s too much, wait to see how sales are over the first year on sale. To me the Z will have a strong first 6 months and then fade away leading to discounts. Not because the car is bad but because there’s not many people out there who want a 2 seat sports car. I’d buy one in a heartbeat but where do I put my 2 child seats?

It’ll be a great car but a great car for a small audience

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
So, call it impatience, or call it a fun outside-of-work activity, but I've been sending messages out to various well-rated and bigger dealers across the state, and the responses have been nothing short of fascinating. And by fascinating, I mean wildly inconsistent. Pinged 3 last night that I hadn't made previous contact with, two of which have responded:

"I have received your request for more information on the 2021 Nissan 400 ( my reaction reading this - ? ) . the vehicle will be available to pre-purchase in November and they will be here in January. I will put you in the wish list if you prefer." (you can see why multiple red flags went up on this one)

and

"They are suppose to be here this fall. I have you on our wish list. I will notify you when they are in route." (suspicion intensifies)

I know those of us on the forum are but a sliver of the general populace, so our thoughts and experiences and hopes and dreams and you get the point do not represent the whole, but I'm kind of surprised to see that Nissan Corporate hasn't communicated what they announced to the world regarding Spring 2022. Not putting any weight in any of this, but if they turn into something legit, will definitely circle back. Taking all of this with a massive heaping of salt in the meantime.

Going to send a few more messages out when I've pockets of time, if anything else peculiar happens will post.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I think at this point all dealers are in the same boat as we are, Nissan hasn't had any official dealer intro/event about the Z, like I mentioned way early for Spring 2022 deliveries. I bet we won't hear anything solid until late Fall or Winter, from these dealers, always hoping sooner though.

One thing nice for Nissan to do in the mean time is to make the online configurator available soon, for orders to be shipped next Summer or Fall, IMO the wait is OK, at least something we can work on.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
you guys have fun with wanting to get one new from a dealer lol

i'll be here waiting for the old guy who buys one, hates it, trades it in.

that way i save money, get to find my exact package and color options, etc.

plus that dealers license helps if i decide just to go snag one at the auction. ?

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring

plus that dealers license helps if i decide just to go snag one at the auction. ?
In the next 16-24 months you can probably find lightly used Performance trims for $35k easy.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I think at this point all dealers are in the same boat as we are, Nissan hasn't had any official dealer intro/event about the Z, like I mentioned way early for Spring 2022 deliveries. I bet we won't hear anything solid until late Fall or Winter, from these dealers, always hoping sooner though.

One thing nice for Nissan to do in the mean time is to make the online configurator available soon, for orders to be shipped next Summer or Fall, IMO the wait is OK, at least something we can work on.
100% agreed. I'm just baffled they're making such outlandish claims/promises.

The third one just replied, saying "they'll be in come fall". Comes off as pretty poor form to make claims like that when the mothership has established spring 2022 as the timeline.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

Pre-Covid and Chip Shortages.......I'd be right there with you.

Sadly, the game has changed and there's a seriously emerging trend of folks buying cars just to resell at a profit - We now live in a world where you can flip a Kia Telluride or a Hyundai Palisade for easy money.

C8 (I get it)
Korean SUVs (why?!?!?!?!)
Sierra 1500s (really?)
G Wagen (FUCKING WHY?!?!?!?!?!?)
Toyota Tacoma (I quit.)

These 5 print money right now, I strongly feel the Z and the Integra will join this list....maybe even the new Toyobaru Twins

I call bullshit on Chad Dudebro.

Last edited:

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Pre-Covid and Chip Shortages.......I'd be right there with you.

Sadly, the game has changed and there's a seriously emerging trend of folks buying cars just to resell at a profit - We now live in a world where you can flip a Kia Telluride or a Hyundai Palisade for easy money.

C8 (I get it)
Korean SUVs (why?!?!?!?!)
Sierra 1500s (really?)
G Wagen (FUCKING WHY?!?!?!?!?!?)
Toyota Tacoma (I quit.)

These 5 print money right now, I strongly feel the Z and the Integra will join this list....maybe even the new Toyobaru Twins

.....i may or may not have 2 - 2022 C8 allocations ?

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Still not believing this. Nissan themselves have said NO PREORDERS. What's gonna happen is Nissan is going to send a limited amount of cars to dealers and then dealers will call these "preorder" customers saying, "Oh hey we got a car in, this is the price, do you want it?" If not they go down to the next sucker that put $1000 down. No one is going to be personally speccing their own car with this first batch. Imagine if they opened up preorders right now? What would happen is they would get a massive influx of orders and they wouldn't be able to produce enough in time, especially with the supply shortages right now. It would lead to delayed deliveries and upset customers. Then it'll create a ripple effect of delays for months if not a year to come for customers waiting behind them.