Not open for further replies.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
3 million Yen is over $20k USD I wonder what they mean re: chassis tuning, does that mean new suspension? Nismo control arms etc., Or are they talking about the air inlets in the front bumper that almost every German car has.

its probably the translation. it goes on to say it will be 8.5 million yen which is like 62K.
●Nissan Fairlady Z NISMO Expected specs
・Overall length: 4390mm
・Overall width: 1855mm
・Overall height: 1310mm
・Wheelbase : 2550mm
・Vehicle weight: 1590kg ・
Engine: 3L, V6 DOHC turbo
・Maximum output/maximum torque: 420ps/49.5kgm
・Transmission : 6MT/9AT
・Estimated price: 8 million to 8.5 million yen

so maybe they meant its 3 million yen more than the base car?

for focus on tuning I think it means like tweaked suspension and the power gains will probably come from something similar to an OEM version of the NISMO sports resetting package.

the article says the NISMO will have 20"s but to me the test mule we have seen it looks like it has 19" version of the GTR NISMO wheels not the 20"s. need a close up of the tire to know for sure.

here is that wheel by the way. a guy from my GTR owners club just picked up a set o_O

trtrtrrrr.jpg

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
while this isnt shocking news I thought it was possible to see a late summer /fall debut of the car since we have seen the test mules out and about. 2024 debut I guess makes more sense with the delays. Best car is hit or miss on accuracy but they were pretty good with the scoop on the 2024 GTR refresh both time frame and what it would consist of. We will see
The Z has still barely debuted in dealerships. At this rate I wouldn't have expected a Nismo variant for another few years.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I thought it was always due for 2024.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I thought it was always due for 2024.

As a 2024 model year but it seems original plan was for a summer 2023 introduction

Just like how the 2023 Z was supposed to be spring 2022. That getting pushed like it did seemed to move the entire timeframe of what Nissan has planned. This article is implying we won't even see it until the year of 2024 not just a 2024 model

If you go to the Japanese Z site it says all orders are currently suspended

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
3 million Yen is over $20k USD I wonder what they mean re: chassis tuning, does that mean new suspension? Nismo control arms etc., Or are they talking about the air inlets in the front bumper that almost every German car has.
By chassis tuning they may be referring to precedents set by previous generations. The NISMO 350Z had extra stitch welds applied to increase chassis rigidity, and for the 370Z they added extra braces and front n rear chassis dampers.

I’d expect similar this go around, along with tighter suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.