First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm *pretty* sure the manual will have adaptive cruise, whatever that's worth.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm *pretty* sure the manual will have adaptive cruise, whatever that's worth.
The specs I've seen so far indicate it does get adaptive cruise. It'll only be able to use whatever gear you're in, though. However, with a torquey twin turbo engine, I'm sure it'll be flexible enough to use in many situations.

My wife's 2020 Toyota has adaptive cruise, it can even restart from a stop with a tap on the accelerator, however it's SSSLLOOWWW to get back up to speed. I only find it useful for keeping safe distance on the highway in normal traffic flows, basically the way I use ac would work fine with the 6MT.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The specs I've seen so far indicate it does get adaptive cruise. It'll only be able to use whatever gear you're in, though. However, with a torquey twin turbo engine, I'm sure it'll be flexible enough to use in many situations.

My wife's 2020 Toyota has adaptive cruise, it can even restart from a stop with a tap on the accelerator, however it's SSSLLOOWWW to get back up to speed. I only find it useful for keeping safe distance on the highway in normal traffic flows, basically the way I use ac would work fine with the 6MT.
I'm not a fan of cruise control in a manual car so it's a non-issue for me anyways. I definitely use cruise in my Outback and wish my Wrangler had it, but definitely didn't miss it in my 350Z or in my Evo.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I'm not a fan of cruise control in a manual car so it's a non-issue for me anyways. I definitely use cruise in my Outback and wish my Wrangler had it, but definitely didn't miss it in my 350Z or in my Evo.
I loved cruise on my last 6 speed Wrangler. The pentastar had enough power to handle it with the wheels and tires I was running. My TJ with the 4.0L and the 6 speed was garbage when it came to cruise control. Even with 31" tires it would bog down in 6th gear on even the slightest hill and I would have to downshift.

My Miata, Civic SI, and my old 4.0L Ranger were all great with the manual transmission and cruise control. The TJ Wrangler is the only one I ever had any issues with.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I think I'm too involved driving manuals to even think about running cruise control. My Evo is SUPER easy to hold a steady speed - the throttle is fucking brilliant in that car. Shit, I've had that car so long I can hold a specific speed just by the sound.

I've only tried cruise on a couple manual cars but it just felt weird to me. Oh well, guess I'll get another shot with the Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Always a manual, because I just prefer to actually drive. In WA distances between places can be large and having a manual keeps me awake.
BUT I broke my ankle around 6 weeks ago and then I was in a world of pain…couldn’t go anywhere ??

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
you guys need to stop discussing which trans is faster.
i started a thread on the subject and what ensued ended up getting the thread closed lol...
Lol there's not even an argument to make, the auto will absolutely be faster. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

And it will be fun. Paddle shifters can still be fun.

But I'm still getting a manual because I doubt I'll ever have the chance to again. That's the only reason, otherwise I would totally get the auto.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Lol there's not even an argument to make, the auto will absolutely be faster. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

But I'm still getting a manual because I doubt I'll ever have the chance to again. That's the only reason, otherwise I would totally get the auto.
I've driven a couple slushboxes with paddle shifters and they still weren't fun to me. Now, if it were a dual clutch automatic, that makes a world of difference. Torque converters kind of take away some of the fun from what I can tell.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier

The argument wasn't about which was faster. Everyone knows that the majority of the time autos are ultimately faster.

Paddle shifters are wack in anything that isn't a DCT. I did enjoy the Evo X MR's DCT and the GT-R is damn fun as well, but there's nothing like rowing gears and being completely engaged and completely in control of the car.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The argument wasn't about which was faster. Everyone knows that the majority of the time autos are ultimately faster.

Paddle shifters are wack in anything that isn't a DCT. I did enjoy the Evo X MR's DCT and the GT-R is damn fun as well, but there's nothing like rowing gears and being completely engaged and completely in control of the car.
I had a GTI DSG, brilliant, brilliant transmission! It is a well reviewed transmission also.
However, I still think a 6MT is better for being totally engaged. Even though that DSG was excellent, there's nothing like complicating the entire process by bringing in some hand/foot/lizard brain action and challenging yourself to be able to handle all aspects of piloting a vehicle.

I'll be buying a 6MT Z brand new. However, maybe in the future I'll also add a used AT to the stable, if prices go back to "normal" then. That's if the 9AT is well sorted and programmed in the Z, it'd make a nice gridlock warrior.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I've been wanting to drive something with a ZF in it *cough Supra* since I hear a lot of good things about that trans. I mean I don't have anything against them, they're just no fun to me.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
The main problem with ZF's was the speed/shift times weren't as fast as DCTs, but now they can be tuned. Also ZF's are cheaper, and have higher torque limits, so they don't need to be upgraded as much as DCT's do to get high power. The supra's ZF is really good, as are majority of BMW ZF's.

But, once you drive PDK or Ferrari DCT, that's when you can never really go back to a ZF.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I just saw that. Guys plz try and not to get my thread locked... ;)
not sure if it's the first thread to get locked here, but to me it shows the forum is growing as soon we'll get more opinionated and combative members join.

all we need now are some trolls to show up and let the douchebaggery begin...